- V20 Group and the IDF call for joint collaboration and international support to strengthen global physical climate risk management capabilities
- Insurance Europe replies to IASB on its upcoming workplan
- IUA Chairman addresses Annual Meeting
- IUA elects new board members
- Convex establishes European subsidiary
- Operational technology vulnerabilities increased by 46% Skybox Security research reveals
- Insurance Europe responds to consultation by the EC on its proposal for a European digital identity expired
- Duck Creek Distribution Management solution chosen by FCCI Insurance Group expired
- r10 launches Partner Ecosystem expired
- MS Amlin AG appoints Robert Wiest as CEO expired
- Beazley announces new Global Head of Cyber Services expired
- Skuld announces changes within London management expired
1st August 2021
FRISS raises $65m Series B funding
FRISS, the most widely adopted provider of AI-powered end-to-end fraud prevention and detection solutions for P&C insurers worldwide, has announced it has closed a $65m Series B funding round led by Accel-KKR, advised by FT Partners and endorsed by existing investor Aquiline. The funding will fuel the company’s rapid growth with additional product innovations, deep market penetration and lines of business expansions. FRISS serves insurers in over forty countries today, and is well on track to deliver over $2bn in fraud savings to insurers in 2021 alone.
Insurance fraud is a large and growing problem faced by insurance companies, with estimates of fraud in as much as 10-17% of total claims paid annually–a staggering $80bn annual loss in the US insurance market alone.
Jeroen Morrenhof, ceo and co-founder of FRISS, comments “We’ve been around for 15 years and completed over 200 implementations. With an experienced software investor such as Accel-KKR and all the knowledge that we’ve gained from our presence in the industry, FRISS is ready to scale exponentially through our Series B, taking our mission of accelerating safe digital transformation throughout the policy lifecycle to the next level, bringing every member of the FRISS family along with us for the ride to honest insurance."
" We recognize that the insurance industry is tackling challenges on many fronts including cost pressures, the need for efficiency and automation, and ever-rising customer expectations for personalized service at speed,” adds cto and co-founder Christian van Leeuwen. “FRISS solves these challenges by tapping into the power of digital transformation and leveraging sophisticated AI to automate complex workflows at scale, shine a harsh light on risks at both underwriting and claims while simultaneously elevate and improve the processes for carriers’ employees and their customers.”
FRISS is jointly headquartered in Utrecht, the Netherlands and Mason, Ohiowith regional offices in the DACH and LatAm regions, UK, France and Spain. The funding will support continued expansions in these markets and beyond and drive additional growth in the current customer base through new product offerings, powered by next generation artificial intelligence.
“Insurance fraud is a massive problem that is increasing in a digital world, and FRISS delivers a differentiated solution by pairing cutting-edge technology and a rich data ecosystem with years of deep industry knowledge and a strong understanding of the customer’s needs,” said Joe Porten, principal at Accel-KKR and incoming board member at FRISS. “Accel-KKR has a strong track record in partnering with great entrepreneurs to accelerate growth and create market-leading technology companies. We are excited to support FRISS in the company’s next phase of growth.”
FRISS Trends(27 articles)
AI Trends(307 mentions in Insurance Newslink)