- Newslink Global Insurance Trends-Editor's Weekly Overview
- Lloyd’s launches climate action plan to accelerate the transition to net zero
- Global InsurTech funding balloons to $4.8bn in Q2, up 89% from Q1 to push H1, 2021 ahead of full-year 2020
- Aon reports 16% rise in revenue in second quarter
- Swiss Re posts strong profit of $1bn in first half
- DXC Technology and Relay Platform to collaborate on boosting brokerage close rates while streamlining the end-to-end Insurance Value Chain
- FRISS raises $65m Series B funding expired
- First movers critical in driving adoption of smart contracts and blockchain in insurance expired
- New research reveals 71% of digital bank customers, 64% of traditional bank customers and 73% of FinTech app customers in the UK want embedded insurance offers based on transaction data expired
- Chubb reports strong second quarter expired
- Arch Capital net income rises to $663.8m in second quarter expired
- Axis Capital reports $228m net income for second quarter expired
1st August 2021
Newslink Global Insurance Trends-Editor's Weekly Overview
This week, Lloyd’s launched its climate action plan to accelerate the transition to net zero, and the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change(IPCC) opened a meeting remotely to approve its next report on the physical science basis of climate change, the first part of the Sixth Assessment Report. New research commissioned by Cover Genius revealed that 71% of digital bank customers, 64% of traditional bank customers and 73% of FinTech app customers in the UK want embedded insurance offers based on transaction data. Marsh's latest Global Insurance Market Index reported global commercial insurance pricing up 15% in the second quarter of 2021 as rate increases continue to moderate-cyber rates rose on increased losses. money.co.uk reported that Millennials and Gen Z are failing to prepare for retirement.
Insurance Europe published its response to a consultation by EIOPA on IBOR transitions, and also welcomed the Accounting Regulatory Committee(ARC) vote to endorse IFRS 17 with carve out for annual cohorts. Insurance Europe replied to a consultation by the European Commission(EC) on an EU Health Data Space(EHDS), aiming to establish a European framework on the access and exchange of personal health data.
Global InsurTech funding grew to $4.8bn in Q2, up 89% from Q1 to push H1, 2021 ahead of full-year 2020, according to the new Quarterly InsurTech Briefing from Willis Towers Watson. Commenting on a EIOPA’s discussion paper on blockchain and smart contracts in insurance, Capco said first movers will be critical in driving their adoption. DXC Technology and Relay Platform are to collaborate on boosting brokerage close rates while streamlining the end-to-end Insurance Value Chain, highlighting that the collaboration will contribute to the far-reaching transformation of the London Market. FRISS raised $65m Series B funding, and Markel UK and Cytora announced a partnership to accelerate profitable growth. msg life and IBM are to strengthen insurance digitisation by leveraging leading end-To-end platform capabilities for the life insurance & pensions industry outside the German-speaking countries.
Speculation continued after the Aon/Willis Towers Watson merger was called off. Ardonagh Europe was created. Financial announcements for second quarter and half year results flowed-they included Chubb, MAPFRE; Arch Capital, Axis Capital, Conduit, Everest Re, Lancashire, PartnerRe, RenaissanceRe, SCOR, Swiss Re, W.R. Berkley; Aon and Gallagher. There were senior appointments at Lloyd's and the London Market Group(LMG).
INSURANCE NEWSLINK-GLOBAL TRENDS RESEARCH DATABASE SERVICE
With the COVID-19 pandemic necessitating a dispersed workforce resulting in a surge in digitisation, climate change ongoing issues, growing cyber threats, and public trust a continuing challenge, there is an increasing need for key staff to keep in touch with global market trends and to be able to speedily drill down on areas of interest and print/email an automatic report.
Full articles on the topics in the Editor's Weekly Overview above are included in those added this week to the unique Insurance Newslink Global Trends Database Research Matrix service at www.onlystrategic.com
The self-search and reporting service across all (re)insurance sectors has covered key global trends since its launch in 1993-bringing together significant worldwide market and IT/InsurTech intelligence from source-editing and linking across region/country, regulatory, surveys/research, results, and IT by business application area. The database contains over 53,000 linked articles and is updated twice-weekly.
Sister-service Banking Newslink contains over 34,000 articles, and Financial Newslink is a combination of both database services.
REGISTER FOR A 14 DAY FULL TRIAL TO ASSESS OUR SERVICE AT: