- UK firms back pace of COVID-19 lockdown easing says Lloyds research
- Financial workforce evolving to meet demand for ‘work anywhere, handle everything’ staff says research
- Equifax says Bounce Back Loan fraud fears lower than previously anticipated
- Standard Chartered launching Sustainable Trade Finance Proposition
- S&P Global latest Future of Banking Report examines the rewards and risks of deposit platforms
- How can banks best manage ATMs-comment from Mark Aldred, Banking Specialist at Auriga
- PRA issues CP7/21 on Credit Risk expired
- Nickel Digital research indicates professional investors expect more corporations to use Bitcoin as part of their treasury plans expired
- FinTech ConnectPay's Deputy CEO Agne Selemonaite indicates approach to retain highly skilled remote staff expired
- CurrencyFair and Assembly Payments to merge aided by Standard Chartered strategic investment expired
- illimity partners with viafintech expired
- Sentenial Group, including Nuapay, to be acquired by EML Payments subject to regulatory approvals. expired
2nd March 2021
Kalifa Review of UK FinTech published
At Budget 2020, the Chancellor asked Ron Kalifa to conduct an independent review to identify priority areas to support the UK’s FinTech sector. The Review formally launched in July 2020 with objectives for supporting the growth and widespread adoption of UK FinTech, and for maintaining the UK’s global FinTech reputation.
The Kalifa Review of UK FinTech highlights the opportunity to create highly skilled jobs across the UK, boost trade, and extend the UK’s competitive edge over other leading FinTech hubs. It sets out a series of proposals for how the UK can build on its existing strengths, create the right framework for continued innovation, and support UK firms to scale.
The report’s recommendations include:
-amendments to UK listing rules to make the UK a more attractive location for Initial Public Offerings
-improvements to tech visas to attract global talent and boost the FinTech workforce
-creation of a regulatory FinTech ‘scalebox’ to provide additional support to growth stage FinTechs
a Centre for Finance, Innovation, and Technology, to strengthen national coordination across the FinTech ecosystem to boost growth.
Regulatory & Legal(6012 articles)