- Newslink Global Insurance Trends-Editor's Weekly Overview
- The UK Supreme Court substantially allowed FCA’s appeal on behalf of policyholders regarding BI claims test case
- Lloyd's receive regulatory nod to set up new multi Insurance Special Purpose Vehicle(mISPV)
- Allianz sets climate targets for specific asset classes in the insured portfolio and strategically expands sustainability
- Insurance Europe publishes response to IAIS on supervision of climate-related risks
- UK car insurance premiums fell by 6% in 2020
- US life insurance activity hits record growth in 2020 reports MIB Life Index expired
- MetLife Gulf partners with Munich Re Automation Solutions to support ongoing digital transformation expired
- SCOR develops cyber risk management tool through innovative partnership with CyberCube expired
- Conduit reports progress and new appointments expired
- Dale Underwriting Partners appoints Active Underwriter expired
- Willis Towers Watson adds Shanghai to its Global Markets P&C Hub expired
25th November 2020
Caura adds mobile-first motor insurance product to all-in-one car management app
Caura, the car management app fordrivers’ needs, has launched Caura Protect-a new insurance product that significantly reduces the cost and time taken to insure a car. Now, Caura users can pay for all parking, taxes, congestion charges, tolls and ULEZ-and insurance-through the simple and user friendly app.
Caura, which is FCA approved, enables drivers to compare insurers and manage their policy, all in-app, in under a minute. The company has redesigned the signup and verification process to significantly reduce the time needed to find the best insurance policy for each driver. Caura instantly verifies users against official sources like the DVLA, simplifying the experience, and reducing the risk of insurance fraud.
“Traditionally, buying car insurance online meant answering 50+ questions on a price comparison website and then being handed off to the insurer to complete the purchase. Now, in just a minute, Caura users can research options, select a quote, pay, and be covered to drive. This is a complete overhaul for the user experience,” said James Harrison, head of Insurance at Dun & Bradstreet.
Caura users answer a short series of questions about their insurance needs and receive several quotes from six of the top UK insurers, including Aviva and Markerstudy. By selecting the best product, a user can easily pay for insurance in just two taps, through Apple Pay or their stored credit/debit card. In early 2021, Caura users will be able to pay their insurance products using monthly payments. After signing up, a user will be able to access their insurance documents, make a claim and adjust their policy all from the Caura app.
Partnering with the UK’s top insurers gives Caura the largest underwriting footprint of any automotive InsurTech startup. As a result, Caura can competitively price insurance for the majority of UK drivers rather than just a small niche market.
“Our partnerships with the leading UK insurers helps us make car ownership easy and affordable, and roads safer,” said Alan Hickman, director of Insurance at Caura. “We have worked hard to create a seamless and simple way to buy and manage insurance just as we did for paying for parking, taxes and tolls.”
“Our single goal is to reduce the hassle and unnecessary fines associated with car ownership and its outdated ecosystem which has traditionally left drivers feeling powerless and frustrated,” said Dr. Sai Lakshmi, ceo of Caura. “This is the first step in our pipeline of insurance offerings. Our next step will be to make the claims process seamless and transparent, addressing another pain point in the industry.”
UK drivers can access Caura’s insurance offering through the app which is available now on iOS in the App Store.
Caura, which launched in 2020, is the only app UK drivers need to manage their car. By aggregating parking, tolls, MOT, road tax, car insurance, and congestion charges, Caura eliminates the avoidable hassle, stress and expenses associated with driving in the UK. Caura is available on iOS now, and will soon be available on Android.