- Newslink Global Insurance Trends-Editor's Weekly Overview
- S&P Global Ratings report says remediation Is key to managing cyber risks
- Beazley Breach Insight indicates middle-market cyber attacks rise during the pandemic
- Marsh report says captive use rises amid challenging global market conditions and pandemic
- Substantial number of UK SMEs interested in pandemic-specific cover says GlobalData
- Insurance Europe publishes response to a consultation by the EC on ethical and legal requirements for trustworthy artificial intelligence (AI) in the EU.
- Duck Creek partners with WPS and InsurTechnix-jointly developed Cyban Solution-available to general insurers in the UK expired
- Experian extends comparison offering to include car insurance expired
- Blackstone invests alongside Fairfax in $500m Ki launch expired
- China’s general insurance industry growth to slow down in 2020 due to COVID-19, says GlobalData expired
- Mactavish comments on FCA approach to settling COVID-19 related BI disputes expired
- Davis appointed President and CUO of Canopius USA expired
5th August 2020
Allianz reports E2.6bn operating profit in second quarter-CEO Bate says "robust results"
Allianz achieved a E2.6bn operating profit in the second quarter-other highlights were:
-net income attributable to shareholders down 28.6% to E1.5m
-half year total revenues stable at E73.5bn; in 2Q 2020 total revenues decreased by 6.8% to E30.9bn
-half year operating profit of E4.9bn
-half year net income attributable to shareholders decreased 28.8% to E2.9bn
-Good Solvency II capitalisation ratio of 187%.
“The pandemic continues to be a challenge for all industries. Nevertheless, Allianz has achieved robust results and shown a remarkable resilience in the first six months of 2020. It makes us confident that we will see a solid financial performance also in the second half of 2020,” comments Oliver Bäte, ceo of Allianz SE.
Allianz Trends(751 articles)