- Newslink Global Insurance Trends-The Week
- Aon releases 2019 Cyber Security Risk Report
- Europ Assistance Cyber Barometer explores consumer sentiment on Cyber Security across nine countries
- Conning study suggests US workers' compensation insurance results of recent years are poised for change
- AMICE highlights the impact of disparate and excessively burdensome regulation on the mutual and cooperative insurance workforce
- AIG reports loss of $622m in fourth quarter-CEO Duperreault "expects to achieve an underwriting profit entering 2019 in General Insurance"
- Allianz reports highest ever operating profit of E11.5bn in 2018 expired
- Digital Risks achieves Lloyd’s coverholder status expired
- Santam selects further Guidewire solutions expired
- RMS U.S. Wildfire High Definition (HD) Model released expired
- deVere Group acquire in UAE expired
- The Hanover to join RSA's Global Network as a Strategic Network Partner in the US expired
11th November 2018
GFIA elects Arias as President and announces new executive committee appointments
The Global Federation of Insurance Associations(GFIA) has announced the election of Recaredo Arias as its new president, as well as new appointments to its executive committee on Thursday.
Arias, who is director general of the Mexican Association of Insurance Companies(AMIS), takes over from Dirk Kempthorne, who stepped down in August 2018 after leaving his role as president and ceo of the American Council of Life Insurers.
Don Forgeron, president and ceo of the Insurance Bureau of Canada, will take over Arias’s previous role as vice-president. Rob Whelan, executive director and ceo of the Insurance Council of Australia, has stepped down as membership executive. This role has been taken over by Tim Grafton, ceo of the Insurance Council of New Zealand.
The mandates of two other GFIA ExCo members were renewed. These were Toyonari Sasaki, vice chairman of the Life Insurance Association of Japan, as treasurer and Bachir Baddou, general manager of the Moroccan Insurance Association, as regional representative.
All the mandates are for two years. Michaela Koller, director general of Insurance Europe, remains secretary general, as her mandate was not up for reappointment.
Arias comments “I am honoured to take over the role of president and serve the institution of insurance, at such a crucial time for the global insurance industry. I wish to give my heartfelt thanks to Dirk for his brilliant contribution as an advocate for our industry. I look forward to playing a pivotal role in ensuring that the voice of insurers continues to be heard at the highest levels of international debate.”
GFIA Trends(24 articles)