- Newslink Global Insurance Trends-The Week
- EIOPA announces results of 2018 Stress Test-on aggregate, the sector is adequately capitalised to absorb the prescribed shocks
- EIOPA publishes report on the Evaluation of the Structure of Insurance Intermediaries Markets in Europe in accordance with Article 41(5) of the Insurance Distribution Directive(IDD)
- Fire and explosion incidents cause the largest claims for insurers and the businesses they cover, according to new research from Allianz Global Corporate & Specialty(AGCS)
- CII expands communications team with two new appointments
- LIIBA welcomes proposed Bilateral Agreement between the US and the UK on Prudential Measures Regarding Insurance and Reinsurance (US-UK Covered Agreement)
- LIIBA CEO says“The number of risks bound by brokers through PPL has risen by 350% in the last 12 months” expired
- London Market Group(LMG) announces that all managing agents involved in live delegated authority business have signed up for its Delegated Authority: Submission, Access and Transformation Solution(DA SATS) expired
- London Market Group (LMG) announces launch of the Future Workforce Think Tank expired
- Slice Labs announces availability of Insurance Cloud Services(ICS) in the UK and EU-Legal & General first customer expired
- MAPFRE reorganizes its management in Brazil and MAPFRE Asistencia, and reinforces its digitisation push expired
- QBE completes Group’s portfolio simplification expired
11th November 2018
Global Federation of Insurance Associations(GFIA) publishes Annual Report for 2017-18
The Global Federation of Insurance Associations(GFIA) has published its Annual Report for 2017-18, which provides an overview of the federation’s activities over the past 12 months, along with positions and opinion pieces on the issues facing insurers worldwide.
Outlining GFIA’s role as the voice of the global insurance industry, the Report details GFIA’s activities in support of the Argentinian G20 presidency and its goals, particularly in relation to infrastructure investment. The report also gives an overview of the work conducted by GFIA’s various working groups.
During the last 12 months, GFIA has provided input to consultations by a number of international bodies, including the Financial Stability Board, the International Association of Insurance Supervisors and the Financial Action Task Force. In addition, it has published observations on disruptive technology, cybersecurity and policy recommendations for tackling the challenges posed by ageing populations.
Recaredo Arias, vp of GFIA, comments “It is with great pleasure that I reflect on just how much we have achieved together in the six short years since GFIA was founded. Most importantly, I take pleasure in being able to look ahead knowing that GFIA is firmly established at the highest level on the world stage and that its raison d’être is clear and its future is secure.”
GFIA Trends(23 articles)