- Swiss Re Institute's annual SONAR report features 15 emerging risk themes and 5 emerging trend spotlights the re/insurance industry needs to have on its radar
- PRA publish "A framework for assessing financial impacts of physical climate change: A practitioner’s aide for the general insurance sector"
- PRA issues "Solvency II: Maintenance of the transitional measure on technical provisions - CP11/19"
- Insurance Europe publishes 2018-2019 Annual Report
- £30m unsettled insurance claim could save British Steel from going into administration says Mactavish
- Accelerated delivery of leading-edge technology capabilities key theme at Guidewire Europe Conference
- AnaCap takes a majority stake in SundhedsGruppen expired
- Madison Dearborn Partners(MDP) and HPS Investment Partners(HPS) have agreed to acquire shares in The Ardonagh Group for a total consideration of £92m expired
- Ariel Re appoints O'Flynn head of professional lines and casualty treaty underwriting–Bermuda expired
- Beazley appoints Spessard to head the team responsible for handling claims arising from the company's fast growing environmental liability business expired
- CNA Hardy announces significant enhancements to its Cyber proposition with a new pre-breach service and vital additional coverages expired
- Greenlight Re Innovations makes a strategic investment in FairClaims, an online insurance and consumer dispute resolution startup expired
11th November 2018
Global Federation of Insurance Associations(GFIA) publishes Annual Report for 2017-18
The Global Federation of Insurance Associations(GFIA) has published its Annual Report for 2017-18, which provides an overview of the federation’s activities over the past 12 months, along with positions and opinion pieces on the issues facing insurers worldwide.
Outlining GFIA’s role as the voice of the global insurance industry, the Report details GFIA’s activities in support of the Argentinian G20 presidency and its goals, particularly in relation to infrastructure investment. The report also gives an overview of the work conducted by GFIA’s various working groups.
During the last 12 months, GFIA has provided input to consultations by a number of international bodies, including the Financial Stability Board, the International Association of Insurance Supervisors and the Financial Action Task Force. In addition, it has published observations on disruptive technology, cybersecurity and policy recommendations for tackling the challenges posed by ageing populations.
Recaredo Arias, vp of GFIA, comments “It is with great pleasure that I reflect on just how much we have achieved together in the six short years since GFIA was founded. Most importantly, I take pleasure in being able to look ahead knowing that GFIA is firmly established at the highest level on the world stage and that its raison d’être is clear and its future is secure.”
GFIA Trends(23 articles)