- GlobalData survey highlights growth in UK consumers purchasing household insurance online
- Digital Risks launches new version of its Quote & Bind (Q&B) journey
- EIOPA requests Insurance Undertakings to provide information in the context of its 4th Long-Term Guarantees Report and the 2020 Solvency II Review
- R&Q US subsidiary enters into another program partnership
- QIC Global to use Sequel’s Impact system to deliver flexibility and functionality in order to capture and aggregate complex cyber exposures
- VIenna pre-tax profit up around 10% for 2018
- LV= announces plans to convert to a company limited by guarantee-2018 profit before tax down due to deteriorating financial markets expired
- LMA CEO states “Sexual harassment is simply indefensible in any workplace and all instances should be dealt with swiftly and appropriately" expired
- Beazley Breach Response Services publishes latest annual report expired
- Royal London CEO Loney bullish after 2018 result expired
- Hansard Global selects Majesco cloud-based solutions expired
- Newslink Global Insurance Trends-The Week expired
14th October 2018
ABI appoints two new Board members
The ASsociation of British Insurers(ABI) has announced two new Board appointments–Claudio Gienal, chief executive, AXA UK and Ireland, and Craig Thornton, General Insurance and Protection director, Lloyds Banking Group. THornton is chair of the ABI Audit Committee.
Commenting on the appointments, Amanda Blanc, ABI chair, and ceo of ZURICH, Europe, Middle East & Africa, comments “Both Claudio and Craig bring a wealth of experience and insight to the ABI Board. Their fresh perspective will be invaluable as the industry navigates through a period of unprecedented challenge, change and opportunity.”
Gienal added "I am delighted to be joining the ABI Board at such an exciting time in our industry. The pace of change through technology and innovation is extraordinary and will transform not only how we interact with our customers but also the products and services we offer. The Board plays a key role in steering ABI policy and I look forward to working with fellow members to ensure that our industry retains its relevance in our society and world leading reputation."
Thornton added “The ABI plays a highly significant role in shaping the insurance and long-term savings industries and I am looking forward to working with the rest of the Board to support the developments that our customers and organisations want to see.
The insurance market continues to evolve, responding to digital developments and changing customer demands. However, what remains unchanged is our need to protect ourselves, our families, our belongings and to plan for the future, and the ABI will help ensure this need is met for as many people as possible in the UK.”
ABI Trends(1,049 articles)