- Newslink Global Insurance Trends-The Week
- Novidea breaking the mould
- Fitch reports Spanish insurance sector appears to have good prospects for profitable growth
- Global Federation of Insurance Associations(GFIA) publishes Annual Report for 2017-18
- GFIA elects Arias as President and announces new executive committee appointments
- CII appoints International Director
- Lloyd's appoints Maidment as independent non-executive of the Lloyd's Board from February expired
- European Supervisory Authorities(ESAs) issue a consultation paper on targeted amendments to the Delegated Regulation covering the rules for the Key Information Document(KID) for Packaged Retail and Insurance-based Investment Products (PRIIPs) expired
- JLT shareholders overwhelmingly approve Marsh & McLennan’s agreement to acquire the broker expired
- AIR's Touchstone catastrophe modelling solution chosen by Arch Worldwide expired
- US InsurTech Pricing Platform aims to transform commercial property underwriting with its flagship app U1 expired
- Willis Towers Watson providing Ticker, a new telematics insurer launching in early 2019, with the latest version of its Radar pricing software expired
14th October 2018
ABI appoints two new Board members
The ASsociation of British Insurers(ABI) has announced two new Board appointments–Claudio Gienal, chief executive, AXA UK and Ireland, and Craig Thornton, General Insurance and Protection director, Lloyds Banking Group. THornton is chair of the ABI Audit Committee.
Commenting on the appointments, Amanda Blanc, ABI chair, and ceo of ZURICH, Europe, Middle East & Africa, comments “Both Claudio and Craig bring a wealth of experience and insight to the ABI Board. Their fresh perspective will be invaluable as the industry navigates through a period of unprecedented challenge, change and opportunity.”
Gienal added "I am delighted to be joining the ABI Board at such an exciting time in our industry. The pace of change through technology and innovation is extraordinary and will transform not only how we interact with our customers but also the products and services we offer. The Board plays a key role in steering ABI policy and I look forward to working with fellow members to ensure that our industry retains its relevance in our society and world leading reputation."
Thornton added “The ABI plays a highly significant role in shaping the insurance and long-term savings industries and I am looking forward to working with the rest of the Board to support the developments that our customers and organisations want to see.
The insurance market continues to evolve, responding to digital developments and changing customer demands. However, what remains unchanged is our need to protect ourselves, our families, our belongings and to plan for the future, and the ABI will help ensure this need is met for as many people as possible in the UK.”
ABI Trends(1,049 articles)