- World Economic Forum(WEF) Global Risks Report 2019 highlights worsening international relations hindering action across a growing array of serious challenges
- Comments on Brexit vote impasse
- Allianz Risk Barometer highlights cyber and concerns around Brexit as as top risks in UK
- Willis Re's Summary of Natural Catastrophe Events 2018 report estimates insured losses from major natural catastrophes at around $71.5bn
- BIBA highlights opportunities for business in 2019 Manifesto
- UK Comprehensive car insurance prices fell by 6% in 2018 says Confused.com/ Willis Towers Watson analysis
- Insurance Europe concerned that the European Commission’s proposal for an ePrivacy Regulation could hamper insurers’ ability to offer innovative insurance policies to consumers expired
- ArgoGlobal collaborating with broker Axieme and digital platform Jobby in Italy to respond to a need for on-demand, pay-as-you-go insurance for temporary and short-term workers expired
- LV= General Insurance successfully deploys Guidewire Core and Data solutions in the largest transformation the business has ever undertaken expired
- Marsh announces that it had placed more than 10,000 risks in 2018 through Placing Platform Limited(PPL)-over 15,000 in total expired
- ZhongAn and Grab to establish joint venture company to enter the digital insurance distribution business in Southeast Asia expired
- Greenlight Capital Re becomes largest shareholder in Chicogo-based MGU AccuRisk expired
14th October 2018
ABI appoints two new Board members
The ASsociation of British Insurers(ABI) has announced two new Board appointments–Claudio Gienal, chief executive, AXA UK and Ireland, and Craig Thornton, General Insurance and Protection director, Lloyds Banking Group. THornton is chair of the ABI Audit Committee.
Commenting on the appointments, Amanda Blanc, ABI chair, and ceo of ZURICH, Europe, Middle East & Africa, comments “Both Claudio and Craig bring a wealth of experience and insight to the ABI Board. Their fresh perspective will be invaluable as the industry navigates through a period of unprecedented challenge, change and opportunity.”
Gienal added "I am delighted to be joining the ABI Board at such an exciting time in our industry. The pace of change through technology and innovation is extraordinary and will transform not only how we interact with our customers but also the products and services we offer. The Board plays a key role in steering ABI policy and I look forward to working with fellow members to ensure that our industry retains its relevance in our society and world leading reputation."
Thornton added “The ABI plays a highly significant role in shaping the insurance and long-term savings industries and I am looking forward to working with the rest of the Board to support the developments that our customers and organisations want to see.
The insurance market continues to evolve, responding to digital developments and changing customer demands. However, what remains unchanged is our need to protect ourselves, our families, our belongings and to plan for the future, and the ABI will help ensure this need is met for as many people as possible in the UK.”
ABI Trends(1,049 articles)