- GlobalData survey highlights growth in UK consumers purchasing household insurance online
- Digital Risks launches new version of its Quote & Bind (Q&B) journey
- EIOPA requests Insurance Undertakings to provide information in the context of its 4th Long-Term Guarantees Report and the 2020 Solvency II Review
- R&Q US subsidiary enters into another program partnership
- QIC Global to use Sequel’s Impact system to deliver flexibility and functionality in order to capture and aggregate complex cyber exposures
- VIenna pre-tax profit up around 10% for 2018
- LV= announces plans to convert to a company limited by guarantee-2018 profit before tax down due to deteriorating financial markets expired
- LMA CEO states “Sexual harassment is simply indefensible in any workplace and all instances should be dealt with swiftly and appropriately" expired
- Beazley Breach Response Services publishes latest annual report expired
- Royal London CEO Loney bullish after 2018 result expired
- Hansard Global selects Majesco cloud-based solutions expired
- Newslink Global Insurance Trends-The Week expired
14th October 2018
Ascot's CEO Brooks to Chair LMA
Andrew Brooks, ceo of Ascot Underwriting, has been appointed the next chairman of the Lloyd’s Market Association(LMA) with effect from 1st January 2019.
Brooks, who has served on the LMA Board as a member since 2012, will succeed Neil Maidment, who will be retiring as chairman at the end of the year.
Brooks comments “I am honoured to be appointed LMA chairman and will seek to build on Neil’s successful work in ensuring that the LMA effectively represents the interests of Lloyd’s managing agents.
I am looking forward to working with Sheila Cameron[who begins her role as LMA’s ceo from 7th January] to influence Lloyd’s strategy on behalf of the LMA membership. I am also keen to see market modernisation delivered effectively and for the LMA to continue to play a vital role providing technical support to the underwriting community.”
David Gittings, chief executive of LMA, added “I am delighted to welcome Andrew as our new chairman. With around 30 years’ experience within the Lloyd’s market, and six years as an LMA Board member, he is well placed to lead the LMA Board so as to best serve the interests of our members.”
“I would like to thank Neil Maidment for his vital contribution as a Board member since 2011, including his three-year tenure as our chairman, and also for his contribution to the market”.
Lloyd's Trends(2,618 articles)