- World Economic Forum(WEF) Global Risks Report 2019 highlights worsening international relations hindering action across a growing array of serious challenges
- Comments on Brexit vote impasse
- Allianz Risk Barometer highlights cyber and concerns around Brexit as as top risks in UK
- Willis Re's Summary of Natural Catastrophe Events 2018 report estimates insured losses from major natural catastrophes at around $71.5bn
- BIBA highlights opportunities for business in 2019 Manifesto
- UK Comprehensive car insurance prices fell by 6% in 2018 says Confused.com/ Willis Towers Watson analysis
- Insurance Europe concerned that the European Commission’s proposal for an ePrivacy Regulation could hamper insurers’ ability to offer innovative insurance policies to consumers expired
- ArgoGlobal collaborating with broker Axieme and digital platform Jobby in Italy to respond to a need for on-demand, pay-as-you-go insurance for temporary and short-term workers expired
- LV= General Insurance successfully deploys Guidewire Core and Data solutions in the largest transformation the business has ever undertaken expired
- Marsh announces that it had placed more than 10,000 risks in 2018 through Placing Platform Limited(PPL)-over 15,000 in total expired
- ZhongAn and Grab to establish joint venture company to enter the digital insurance distribution business in Southeast Asia expired
- Greenlight Capital Re becomes largest shareholder in Chicogo-based MGU AccuRisk expired
14th October 2018
Ascot's CEO Brooks to Chair LMA
Andrew Brooks, ceo of Ascot Underwriting, has been appointed the next chairman of the Lloyd’s Market Association(LMA) with effect from 1st January 2019.
Brooks, who has served on the LMA Board as a member since 2012, will succeed Neil Maidment, who will be retiring as chairman at the end of the year.
Brooks comments “I am honoured to be appointed LMA chairman and will seek to build on Neil’s successful work in ensuring that the LMA effectively represents the interests of Lloyd’s managing agents.
I am looking forward to working with Sheila Cameron[who begins her role as LMA’s ceo from 7th January] to influence Lloyd’s strategy on behalf of the LMA membership. I am also keen to see market modernisation delivered effectively and for the LMA to continue to play a vital role providing technical support to the underwriting community.”
David Gittings, chief executive of LMA, added “I am delighted to welcome Andrew as our new chairman. With around 30 years’ experience within the Lloyd’s market, and six years as an LMA Board member, he is well placed to lead the LMA Board so as to best serve the interests of our members.”
“I would like to thank Neil Maidment for his vital contribution as a Board member since 2011, including his three-year tenure as our chairman, and also for his contribution to the market”.
Lloyd's Trends(2,618 articles)