- Newslink Global Insurance Trends-The Week
- Novidea breaking the mould
- Fitch reports Spanish insurance sector appears to have good prospects for profitable growth
- Global Federation of Insurance Associations(GFIA) publishes Annual Report for 2017-18
- GFIA elects Arias as President and announces new executive committee appointments
- CII appoints International Director
- Lloyd's appoints Maidment as independent non-executive of the Lloyd's Board from February expired
- European Supervisory Authorities(ESAs) issue a consultation paper on targeted amendments to the Delegated Regulation covering the rules for the Key Information Document(KID) for Packaged Retail and Insurance-based Investment Products (PRIIPs) expired
- JLT shareholders overwhelmingly approve Marsh & McLennan’s agreement to acquire the broker expired
- AIR's Touchstone catastrophe modelling solution chosen by Arch Worldwide expired
- US InsurTech Pricing Platform aims to transform commercial property underwriting with its flagship app U1 expired
- Willis Towers Watson providing Ticker, a new telematics insurer launching in early 2019, with the latest version of its Radar pricing software expired
14th October 2018
Ascot's CEO Brooks to Chair LMA
Andrew Brooks, ceo of Ascot Underwriting, has been appointed the next chairman of the Lloyd’s Market Association(LMA) with effect from 1st January 2019.
Brooks, who has served on the LMA Board as a member since 2012, will succeed Neil Maidment, who will be retiring as chairman at the end of the year.
Brooks comments “I am honoured to be appointed LMA chairman and will seek to build on Neil’s successful work in ensuring that the LMA effectively represents the interests of Lloyd’s managing agents.
I am looking forward to working with Sheila Cameron[who begins her role as LMA’s ceo from 7th January] to influence Lloyd’s strategy on behalf of the LMA membership. I am also keen to see market modernisation delivered effectively and for the LMA to continue to play a vital role providing technical support to the underwriting community.”
David Gittings, chief executive of LMA, added “I am delighted to welcome Andrew as our new chairman. With around 30 years’ experience within the Lloyd’s market, and six years as an LMA Board member, he is well placed to lead the LMA Board so as to best serve the interests of our members.”
“I would like to thank Neil Maidment for his vital contribution as a Board member since 2011, including his three-year tenure as our chairman, and also for his contribution to the market”.
Lloyd's Trends(2,618 articles)