- Newslink Global Insurance Trends-The Week
- Novidea breaking the mould
- Fitch reports Spanish insurance sector appears to have good prospects for profitable growth
- Global Federation of Insurance Associations(GFIA) publishes Annual Report for 2017-18
- GFIA elects Arias as President and announces new executive committee appointments
- CII appoints International Director
- Lloyd's appoints Maidment as independent non-executive of the Lloyd's Board from February expired
- European Supervisory Authorities(ESAs) issue a consultation paper on targeted amendments to the Delegated Regulation covering the rules for the Key Information Document(KID) for Packaged Retail and Insurance-based Investment Products (PRIIPs) expired
- JLT shareholders overwhelmingly approve Marsh & McLennan’s agreement to acquire the broker expired
- AIR's Touchstone catastrophe modelling solution chosen by Arch Worldwide expired
- US InsurTech Pricing Platform aims to transform commercial property underwriting with its flagship app U1 expired
- Willis Towers Watson providing Ticker, a new telematics insurer launching in early 2019, with the latest version of its Radar pricing software expired
14th October 2018
Verisk showcases piCalculator, its solution for calculating schedules of loss for personal injury claims
Verisk showcased piCalculator, its solution for calculating schedules of loss for personal injury claims, at a London event this week. piCalculator has helped lawyers, barristers, and large-loss claims handlers achieve approximately £50m in efficiency savings.
piCalculator is a powerful all-in-one software solution that handles all calculations in the injury claims process, producing detailed reserve calculations without the need for complex, manually produced spreadsheets. The solution has been widely praised for mitigating the impact of last year’s unexpected discount rate changes to the injury claims sector, saving time and money through near-instant rate updates for all complex claims.
The latest release of piCalculator should further improve readiness for every eventuality in the claims process, allowing users to run multiple claims scenarios for greater insight into the impact of various factors. These insights help organisations maintain appropriate reserves while maximising profitability by gaining greater visibility into their book of business. Further integrations with the ISO Claims Outcome Advisor suite will provide enhanced injury classifications and data analytics into large-loss claims for the first time.
“Since 2008, we have evolved piCalculator from a toolkit designed to support claims handlers into an unrivalled end-to-end solution for calculating damages and settling large-loss claims,” says Mark Hewitt, creator of piCalculator and director at Verisk. “With the new release, piCalculator is set to further strengthen its position in the legal sector and deliver even greater insights into injury claims for insurers. As the discount rate looks set to undergo regular adjustments, piCalculator serves to offer the most effective and efficient alternative to investing significant time, effort and money into manually calculating the effect of rate changes.”
Verisk Trends(112 articles)