- EBA sees further improvements in EU banks’ resilience
- Barclays enables vulnerable customers to stop transactions at chosen retailers
- Momentum building for Open Banking in 2019, says Equifax
- FCA introduces new rules on handling complaints about authorised push payment fraud
- RBS welcomes credit ratings upgrade by Fitch Ratings
- Entersekt gains early certification for e-commerce authentication solution
- International Bank of Azerbaijan chooses FICO solution expired
- Revised budget deficit positive for Italian banks, but headwinds still threaten, says Scope expired
- Barclays’ merchant control demonstrates sector's moral shift expired
- FRC issues revised auditing standard and consults on guidance for quality bank audits expired
- Monobank celebrates growth milestone in first year of operation expired
- FS sector set to face yet more regulation in 2019, says ClusterSeven expired
9th October 2018
Barclays launches new fund for graduates seeking employment
To help graduates focus on securing their first pay cheque, rather than worrying about what they will have to pay out, Barclays has launched its first ever Graduate Fund, with up to £20k available to help those seeking employment after university.
UK graduates who left college or university in 2018 can apply for up to £550 from the fund to cover costs associated with finding their first job, including clothing, travel and training
Josie Clapham, Managing Director, Community Banking at Barclays, said: “Graduating from university and starting your first job should be a really exciting time, but the associated costs can be daunting for many – particularly when those finishing their studies in 2018 are estimated to have accumulated over £50k of debt.
“We understand how stressful and challenging this time can be for new graduates, and we want them to be able to focus on finding the job that's right for them – rather than fretting about whether they can afford to attend an interview. We hope the Barclays Graduate Fund will go some way to support graduates as they take their next steps and look forward to a bright future.”
The Barclays Graduate Fund hopes to support job-seeking graduates looking to move forward from education into their chosen careers. The deadline for applications is Friday 19th October.