- The Chartered Insurance Institute-a moving experience
- Marsh & McLennan moves for JLT
- AIR Worldwide estimates industry insured losses resulting from Hurricane Florence’s winds and storm surge will range from $1.7bn to $4.6bn-excluding impact of ongoing unprecedented flooding
- Willis Re annual Silent Cyber Risk Outlook global survey indicates insurers are expecting increased cyber-related losses across all business lines over the next 12-months
- PRA issues consultation paper related to the extension of the Senior Managers and Certification Regime(SM&CR) to insurers
- FCA closes remaining investigations into life insurance sector without taking enforcement action
- Insurance Europe responds to EC proposal for a review of the 2009 Motor Insurance Directive(MID) expired
- Co-operators launches new digital insurance product in two months through Slice Labs Insurance Cloud Service expired
- Aviva completes share buyback prgramme expired
- AXA IM moving to the next phase of its commitment to strengthen Responsible Investment (RI) capabilities expired
- Conning publishes US Life-Annuity Consumer Markets Annual expired
- Five-year dairy farmer microinsurance project launched in Kenya-supported by ICMIF members expired
15th August 2018
Admiral produces strong interim result and growth all round
Admiral has published interim results-highlights are: 30 )
-Group statutory profit before tax £211m(+9%)
-Earnings per share 61.6 pence(+8%)
-Interim dividend 60.0p/per share(+7)
-Return on equity 54%(-2%)
-Group turnover £1.66bn(+14%
-Group net revenue £0.60bn(+9%)
-Group customers 6.23 million(+14%)
-UK Insurance customers 5.07 million(+17%)
-International Car Insurance customers 1.12 million(+17%)
-Group's share of Price Comparison profit £3.5m(+13%)
Statutory Price Comparison profit £2.6m(+8%)
-Solvency ratio(post dividend) 196%(214%)
Over 10,000 staff each receive free shares worth £1,800 under the employee share scheme based on the interim 2018 results.
David Stevens, Group ceo, comments ‘Zut alors! Nos opérations européennes sont rentables! Or probably more accurately, given that over half of our European customers are Italian- le nostre compagnie Europee sono in profitto! Moreover, the European insurers delivered overall profitability whilst growing the business by almost a fifth in a year.
But that’s not the only important milestone in the first half, which was characterised by substantial growth across almost all our businesses.
Most importantly, the core UK car insurance business continues to grow both in terms of profit and customer numbers. Early in 2018 we passed the four million mark for cars on cover–the car that hit the milestone was a Peugeot 108; our first 25 years ago was an Isuzu Piazza.
All of this is underpinned by our strong culture and hard-working, customer-focused staff, and we are proud to have been named the 3rd Best Company to Work For in the UK, as well as the 10th Best Workplace in Europe and 3rd in Italy."
The Directors have declared an interim dividend of 60.0 pence, representing a normal dividend of 40.8 pence per share and a special dividend of 19.2 pence per share.
Admiral Trends (132 articles)