- Newslink Trends-The Global Strategic Perspective
- Geneva Association publishes new research report-"Underinsurance in Mature Economies–Reasons and remedies"
- Zurich accelerating actions to progress towards a low-carbon economy
- Conning latest annual study of the US property-casualty industry's loss reserves published
- Many UK larger businesses are struggling to digitally transform at the pace, highlights a new joint report from the CBI and Oracle
- Allianz Partners in partnership agreement to jointly offer new automotive insurance products on Wrisk’s mobile platform initially in UK
- AIR Worldwide releases expanded inland flood model for Central Europe and updates storm surge component of its coastal flood model for Great Britain expired
- Version 18.1 RMS North Atlantic Hurricane Models approved by the Florida Commission on Hurricane Loss Projection Methodology(FCHLPM) for use in residential rate filings expired
- Insurecore, the risk appetite directory for the intermediated insurance and reinsurance market, is shortlisted for Award expired
- Allianz to sell its 60% stake in Allianz Popular to Banco Santander in Spain and terminate non-life distribution agreement expired
- Ed receives regulatory approval from the Bermuda Monetary Authority(BMA) for its new operation expired
- Peachtree Casualty Insurance Company completes its first assumption of legacy liabilities since it was acquired by SOBC DARAG expired
15th August 2018
Admiral produces strong interim result and growth all round
Admiral has published interim results-highlights are: 30 )
-Group statutory profit before tax £211m(+9%)
-Earnings per share 61.6 pence(+8%)
-Interim dividend 60.0p/per share(+7)
-Return on equity 54%(-2%)
-Group turnover £1.66bn(+14%
-Group net revenue £0.60bn(+9%)
-Group customers 6.23 million(+14%)
-UK Insurance customers 5.07 million(+17%)
-International Car Insurance customers 1.12 million(+17%)
-Group's share of Price Comparison profit £3.5m(+13%)
Statutory Price Comparison profit £2.6m(+8%)
-Solvency ratio(post dividend) 196%(214%)
Over 10,000 staff each receive free shares worth £1,800 under the employee share scheme based on the interim 2018 results.
David Stevens, Group ceo, comments ‘Zut alors! Nos opérations européennes sont rentables! Or probably more accurately, given that over half of our European customers are Italian- le nostre compagnie Europee sono in profitto! Moreover, the European insurers delivered overall profitability whilst growing the business by almost a fifth in a year.
But that’s not the only important milestone in the first half, which was characterised by substantial growth across almost all our businesses.
Most importantly, the core UK car insurance business continues to grow both in terms of profit and customer numbers. Early in 2018 we passed the four million mark for cars on cover–the car that hit the milestone was a Peugeot 108; our first 25 years ago was an Isuzu Piazza.
All of this is underpinned by our strong culture and hard-working, customer-focused staff, and we are proud to have been named the 3rd Best Company to Work For in the UK, as well as the 10th Best Workplace in Europe and 3rd in Italy."
The Directors have declared an interim dividend of 60.0 pence, representing a normal dividend of 40.8 pence per share and a special dividend of 19.2 pence per share.
Admiral Trends (132 articles)