- Newslink Global Insurance Trends-This Week
- Insurance industry comments on issue of Draft Brexit Withdrawal Agreement
- EIOPA publishes the findings of its peer review assessing how National Competent Authorities(NCAs) supervise and determine whether an insurer's setting of key functions fulfils the legal requirements of Solvency II with a particular emphasis on proportionality
- IASB proposes a one-year deferral of the effective date for IFRS 17 after pressure from nine industry bodies from major markets
- IAIS publishes for public consultation its proposed holistic framework for the assessment and mitigation of systemic risk in the insurance sector
- EY survey estimates cost savings of £1.3bn annually could be made if UK financial services firms and 80% of their customers go paperless
- Marsh launches Bluestream a cloud-based digital broker platform for the affinity market expired
- Long Finance's Distributed Futures research programme publishes report-"Cyber-Catastrophe Insurance-Linked Securities On Smart Ledgers" expired
- NIIT Technologies announces global partnership with enterprise blockchain software firm R3 to develop innovative solutions expired
- Ageas ceo de Smet says "we are well on track to deliver on our Ambition2018 promises" expired
- Prudential announces strong nine months financials in Singapore expired
- AIG and Carlyle Group complete 19.9% stake in Fortitude Re(formerly DSA Re) expired
11th July 2018
SCOR consolidates specialty insurance platform in the London Market-appointments announced
SCOR Global P&C has announced the consolidation of its specialty insurance platform in the London Market. The platform will offer either company(SCOR) or Lloyd’s paper or a combination of both to its growing customer base.
Stuart McMurdo, who was appointed ceo of SCOR UK on 1st April, will be appointed ceo of The Channel Managing Agency, the Managing Agency of the Channel Syndicate, with effect from 1st September. He will succeed David Reed, who retires on 31st August. Reed will continue as a non-executive director of The Channel Managing Agency.
Tom Corfield, existing Active Underwriter of the Channel Syndicate, has been appointed to the additional role of cuo of SCOR UK.
Both McMurdo and Corfield have joined the Board of Directors of SCOR UK and their appointments have been approved by the regulators.
Laurent Rousseau, deputy-CEO of SCOR Global P&C, comments “The appointments of Stuart McMurdo and Tom Corfield in their dual roles at SCOR UK, The Channel Managing Agency and the Channel Syndicate represent a key step towards the consolidation and strengthening of SCOR Global P&C’s specialty commercial lines insurance platform in the London Market. A unified senior management team with oversight across a single, strong insurance platform in the London Market will significantly enhance our presence in the market and our ability to satisfy our clients’ needs through tailored solutions, while improving our ability to provide a global offering by federating the means and expertise of our teams throughout the world.”
SCOR Trends(284 articles)