- FCA publishes final report of its Wholesale Insurance Brokers market study-no evidence of significant levels of harm that merit the introduction of intrusive remedies but some areas of concern with scope for improvement
- EIOPA issues Recommendations for the insurance sector in light of the UK withdrawing from the European Union without a withdrawal agreement
- Insurance Europe responds strongly to recently-published US Treasury/Internal Revenue Service’s proposed Base Erosion and Anti-abuse Tax (BEAT) regulations
- SCOR "delivers robust growth and solid recurring profitability" in 2018 says CEO Kessler
- KPMG report indicates UK InsurTechs saw over $1bn of investment activity through 2018, up from $792m in 2017
- Allianz increases fund size of digital investment unit to E1bn
- DeadHappy, the UK’s first fully digital life insurance brand, launched expired
- The Floow involved in UK Government’s UPLIFT project to enhance technologies in improved risk understanding for motor insurance products making mobility smarter and safer for all expired
- Unions and insurers issue joint warning about burden of significant increase in EU regulation on insurance workers expired
- FCA announces Goldwag as new Chair of the independent Financial Services Consumer Panel expired
- Antares appoints Battle as CEO expired
- Arig has tough 2018-has taken certain measures to reorganize its Lloyd’s book of business expired
11th July 2018
CII appoints Director of Insuring Futures-Helen White will lead first stage of "Insuring Women's Futures" programme
The Chartered Insurance Institute(CII) has bolstered its Insuring Futures programme with the appointment of Helen White as director of Insuring Futures. Helen will be responsible for leading the first stage of the programme, ‘Insuring Women’s Futures’ to improve the financial resilience, independence and security of women across society. The Insuring Futures programme was established by the CII to bring together the insurance and financial planning professions to improve financial resilience.
White will be responsible for leading market collaborations to develop new strategies which help to increase public awareness and address the Risks and Financial gaps that so evidently exist in modern society.
She joins the CII from the Money Advice Service, where she was head of Financial Capability. She led the launch and delivery of a national Financial Capability Strategy to empower people across the UK to make the most of their money and achieve greater well-being as a result. Prior to this, she spent time working in government, leading policy and legislative change on international tax and share-based earnings, nine years at the ABI leading various areas of market policy and strategy for the industry, and four years at the European Commission.
Sian Fisher, ceo of Chartered Insurance Institute, comments “The Insuring Futures programme was created to challenge accepted convention and drive education and innovation to ensure insurance and financial planning products fully respond to the risks faced by society. Helen will play a key role in driving this forward and we are very excited to have her on board. The skills and experience that she brings with her will be a huge asset as we develop and deliver our Insuring Futures initiative.”
CII Trends(247 articles)