- Newslink Global Insurance Trends-This Week
- Insurance industry comments on issue of Draft Brexit Withdrawal Agreement
- EIOPA publishes the findings of its peer review assessing how National Competent Authorities(NCAs) supervise and determine whether an insurer's setting of key functions fulfils the legal requirements of Solvency II with a particular emphasis on proportionality
- IASB proposes a one-year deferral of the effective date for IFRS 17 after pressure from nine industry bodies from major markets
- IAIS publishes for public consultation its proposed holistic framework for the assessment and mitigation of systemic risk in the insurance sector
- EY survey estimates cost savings of £1.3bn annually could be made if UK financial services firms and 80% of their customers go paperless
- Marsh launches Bluestream a cloud-based digital broker platform for the affinity market expired
- Long Finance's Distributed Futures research programme publishes report-"Cyber-Catastrophe Insurance-Linked Securities On Smart Ledgers" expired
- NIIT Technologies announces global partnership with enterprise blockchain software firm R3 to develop innovative solutions expired
- Ageas ceo de Smet says "we are well on track to deliver on our Ambition2018 promises" expired
- Prudential announces strong nine months financials in Singapore expired
- AIG and Carlyle Group complete 19.9% stake in Fortitude Re(formerly DSA Re) expired
11th July 2018
CII appoints Director of Insuring Futures-Helen White will lead first stage of "Insuring Women's Futures" programme
The Chartered Insurance Institute(CII) has bolstered its Insuring Futures programme with the appointment of Helen White as director of Insuring Futures. Helen will be responsible for leading the first stage of the programme, ‘Insuring Women’s Futures’ to improve the financial resilience, independence and security of women across society. The Insuring Futures programme was established by the CII to bring together the insurance and financial planning professions to improve financial resilience.
White will be responsible for leading market collaborations to develop new strategies which help to increase public awareness and address the Risks and Financial gaps that so evidently exist in modern society.
She joins the CII from the Money Advice Service, where she was head of Financial Capability. She led the launch and delivery of a national Financial Capability Strategy to empower people across the UK to make the most of their money and achieve greater well-being as a result. Prior to this, she spent time working in government, leading policy and legislative change on international tax and share-based earnings, nine years at the ABI leading various areas of market policy and strategy for the industry, and four years at the European Commission.
Sian Fisher, ceo of Chartered Insurance Institute, comments “The Insuring Futures programme was created to challenge accepted convention and drive education and innovation to ensure insurance and financial planning products fully respond to the risks faced by society. Helen will play a key role in driving this forward and we are very excited to have her on board. The skills and experience that she brings with her will be a huge asset as we develop and deliver our Insuring Futures initiative.”
CII Trends(247 articles)