- FCA publishes two consultation papers, setting out its proposals in the event the UK leaves the European Union on 29th March 2019 without an implementation period
- Standard & Poor's publishes Countdown to Brexit report
- COUNTRY Financial selects Guidewire ClaimCenter solution
- Verisk showcases piCalculator, its solution for calculating schedules of loss for personal injury claims
- ABI appoints two new Board members
- Ascot's CEO Brooks to Chair LMA
- Antares appoints Taylor as Head of Specialty expired
- Catalina Holdings closes $700m equity capital raise-Apollo Funds becomes majority shareholders expired
- Cincinnati Financial moves for Munich Re subsidiary MSP Underwriting expired
- IGI appoints Rix as Chief Actuary expired
- The Standard Club and The Strike Club plan to merge expired
- Newslink Global Insurance Trends-The Week expired
16th May 2018
Insurance Europe responds to EIOPA consultation on corrections and amendments to the implementing technical standards(ITS) for Solvency II
Insurance Europe has responded to the European Insurance and Occupational Pensions Authority’s(EIOPA) consultation on corrections and amendments to the implementing technical standards(ITS) for Solvency II reporting and disclosure, which included more than 300 new validations.
Insurance Europe said it would be difficult to implement these new validations in time for Q4 reporting, particularly for complex groups. Therefore, Insurance Europe proposes that the new validations should not be obligatory for the first year of application, and only become obligatory in the second year.
In addition, Insurance Europe welcomed the fact that EIOPA included some Q&As in the ITS. However, because EIOPA did not include all relevant Q&As in the ITS, Insurance Europe called for this to be addressed.
Insurance Europe Trends(142 articles)
EIOPA Trends(326 articles)
Solvency II Trends(1,508 mentions in Insurance Newslink)