- World Economic Forum(WEF) Global Risks Report 2019 highlights worsening international relations hindering action across a growing array of serious challenges
- Comments on Brexit vote impasse
- Allianz Risk Barometer highlights cyber and concerns around Brexit as as top risks in UK
- Willis Re's Summary of Natural Catastrophe Events 2018 report estimates insured losses from major natural catastrophes at around $71.5bn
- BIBA highlights opportunities for business in 2019 Manifesto
- UK Comprehensive car insurance prices fell by 6% in 2018 says Confused.com/ Willis Towers Watson analysis
- Insurance Europe concerned that the European Commission’s proposal for an ePrivacy Regulation could hamper insurers’ ability to offer innovative insurance policies to consumers expired
- ArgoGlobal collaborating with broker Axieme and digital platform Jobby in Italy to respond to a need for on-demand, pay-as-you-go insurance for temporary and short-term workers expired
- LV= General Insurance successfully deploys Guidewire Core and Data solutions in the largest transformation the business has ever undertaken expired
- Marsh announces that it had placed more than 10,000 risks in 2018 through Placing Platform Limited(PPL)-over 15,000 in total expired
- ZhongAn and Grab to establish joint venture company to enter the digital insurance distribution business in Southeast Asia expired
- Greenlight Capital Re becomes largest shareholder in Chicogo-based MGU AccuRisk expired
18th April 2018
AXIS Capital launches Cyber Center of Excellence
Addressing the more than $445bn cost that companies incur each year due to the threat of cybercrime and cyberattacks, AXIS Capital Holdings has announced the launch of the AXIS Cyber Center of Excellence. It will provide a broad range of commercial insurance protection and mitigation solutions for tangible and intangible assets, relating to global cyber threats and attacks. The AXIS Cyber Center of Excellence is being led by Dan Trueman, Global head of Cyber at AXIS.
“The AXIS Cyber Center of Excellence is the specialty insurance industry’s premier global resource for mentorship, education, consulting services and solutions to help improve brokers’ and insureds’ understanding of the cyber risk environment so they can effectively manage the totality of their cyber risks,” said Trueman. “Housing our global cyber products and solutions, the AXIS Cyber Center of Excellence will leverage the AXIS Cyber team’s underwriting expertise to help clients more effectively manage the dynamic environment of their cyber risks.”
Matthew Fosh, Executive Chairman, Europe, for AXIS, will serve as chairman of the AXIS Cyber Center of Excellence. In this role, Fosh will provide advisory support to AXIS’ Global Cyber team.
Fosh added “Through the AXIS Cyber Center of Excellence, we are taking a holistic approach to helping our clients and partners solve their existing and emerging cyber risks. Mitigating any risk begins with education, and that is the basis from which we have built the AXIS Cyber Center of Excellence–a resource to brokers and insureds to improve their understanding of the cyber risk environment and arm them with solutions for mitigating those risks.”
The AXIS Cyber Center of Excellence will offer a number of innovative products and services to help companies mitigate the cyber risks associated with their tangible and intangible assets. These include:
-Access to risk assessment modelling tools;
-Access to internationally recognized and accredited cyber education courses;
-Data-driven research and reports that analyze and assess the cyber risk landscape;
-Risk advisory consulting services to help companies prepare for, and respond to, cyber events;
-Access to mentoring, training and education offerings, including: simulated breach incident training and customized training and facilitation programs; and
-Cyber risk advisory consulting services, including: pre-breach preparedness services; threat intelligence offerings; table-top crisis management exercises; risk and maturity assessments; and an executive cyber assessment program.
The above listed services will be provided either by AXIS directly or through the company’s third-party vendor partnerships.
AXIS Trends(152 articles)
Cyber Trends(576 mentions in Insurance Newslink)