- Brexit-light at the end of the tunnel for UK financial services?
- Lloyd's announces aggregated market loss of £2bn for 2017-the first loss for six years
- London Market agrees a mandate to use electronic placement with a sliding scale by quarter
- ABI and leading UK insurers welcome a Bill to reform the law relating to whiplash claims and the way in which the personal injury Ogden Discount Rate is set
- Insurance Europe develops a template that could help companies meet the obligation under the General Data Protection Regulation(GDPR)
- The Institutes and the International Insurance Society(IIS) announce a strategic affiliation
- gradient A.I., a Milliman predictive analytics platform, now aids management of workers' compensation risk expired
- SSP Keychoice extends long-term relationship with RAC for a further five years expired
- Atradius reports a strong 2017 result expired
- IGI profit dips but 19% growth in GWP expired
- Ping An net profit up 43% in 2017 expired
- Liberty Mutual Specialty Markets appoints Hitchcock to new position of Paris-based Terrorism Underwriter with a European roving role expired
11th March 2018
Allianz appoints de la Sota to the Board of Management to assume the role of Chief Business Transformation Officer
The Supervisory Board of Allianz SE has appointed Iván de la Sota to the Board of Management to assume the role of Chief Business Transformation officer, effective 1st April. The new Board of Management division will support Allianz entities in exploiting business opportunities that arise from a growing demand for digital insurance and investment solutions among all customer groups. This will involve enhancing existing business models, introducing new models, and offering a flexible combination of personal advice and digital products and services.
The new Board of Management division, under the leadership of de la Sota, will also be responsible for the European direct insurance companies, the global business line Allianz Partners, and for the Iberian and Latin American region. De la Sota has been appointed to the Board of Management until 31st December 2020. De la Sota has been with Allianz for 27 years and was appointed ceo of the Iberian and Latin American region in November 2015. Previously, he spent four years as ceo of Allianz Spain.
Michael Diekmann, chairman of the Supervisory Board of Allianz SE, comments “By introducing this board function, Allianz emphasizes the importance of developing future-ready business models. Iván de la Sota has mastered such challenges several times before and has the capabilities to continue this on the group level.”
Oliver Bäte, ceo of Allianz SE, added "Iván de la Sota is a ceo with a proven track record in implementing fundamental changes in retail business models. Additionally, he understands how to increase productivity and customer satisfaction while keeping employees engaged. He will be able to build on the strong foundation laid by Solmaz Altin, who as chief Digital officer implemented our Digital Agenda over the last two years.”
The Supervisory Board of Allianz SE has also decided to extend the contracts of Sergio Balbinot and Axel Theis, both members of the Board of Management of Allianz SE, until 31st December 2020.
From April 1, 2018, Helga Jung, member of the Board of Management of Allianz SE, will assume responsibility for the group-wide Human Resources function, Work and Social Welfare. This will be in addition to her other responsibilities.
Allianz Trends(703 articles)