- Cyberattacks cost financial services firms more to address and contain than in any other industry according to new Accenture report
- Beazley 2018 Breach Briefing report analyses and advises on growing range of cyber risks in the US
- Insurance Europe responds to IAIS consultation on an activities-based approach (ABA) to systemic risk
- RSA UK claims function awarded CII Chartered status
- LMA introduces Claims Development Pathway, a new interactive training and development tool
- FCA seeking views on how technology can make it easier for firms to meet their regulatory reporting requirements
- S&P Global Ratings and Guidewire Cyence Risk Analytics partner to assess cyber risk expired
- IRM Internal Model Industry Forum(IMIF) publishes eighth guidance document for the insurance market-The Journey from Model Validation to Model Risk Management expired
- Legal & General partners with Slice Labs to offer on-demand homeshare insurance proposition expired
- Zurich launches UK Innovation Foundry expired
- Aegon net income more than doubles in fourth quarter as US tax reform leads to one-time tax benefit expired
- Chaucer DAC joins IUA expired
14th February 2018
Hiscox announces senior appointments
Hiscox has announced two senior appointments, subject to regulatory and immigration approvals, as the Group evolves its management structure to build on growth momentum in its retail businesses.
Ben Walter, ceo of Hiscox USA, will relocate to London to take up the newly created role of ceo Hiscox Global Retail, with effect from 1st July 2018. Ben will lead the Group's retail operations, including Hiscox UK & Ireland, Hiscox Europe, Hiscox USA and Hiscox Special Risks. Ben will focus on driving product innovation and growth across the Group's retail operations, where Hiscox sees plenty of opportunity.
Steve Langan, ceo of Hiscox UK & Europe, will relocate to New York to take up the role of ceo Hiscox USA, also effective from 1st July 2018. Continuing to build the Hiscox brand and presence in the US market will be critical to its success. He will focus on driving Hiscox USA's next phase of growth, drawing on his experience of building retail brands around the world, both at Hiscox and previously at Diageo and Coca Cola. Steve will also remain chief Marketing officer for the Group.
Bronek Masojada, Hiscox Group ceo, comments "Hiscox's growth in retail markets, particularly over the last 10 years, has changed the shape of our business. We are no longer a Lloyd's player with retail operations on the side, and as our business evolves we need to be able to respond to the huge opportunity ahead.
Our retail businesses span 12 countries and are at different stages of their journey, but they share similar challenges and opportunities such as brand building, leveraging scale and digitisation. These appointments will help us continue on our path of building a Group which can thrive at all stages of the insurance cycle."
Both WAlter and Langan will remain on the Executive Committee and Hiscox will begin the process of recruiting a new UK & Ireland ceo in the autumn.
Hiscox Trends(249 articles)