- Insurance Newslink drops in for a Guidewire update
- LMA says 80% of Lloyd’s managing agents would “like to see Insurance Linked Securities (ILS) products become a permanent fixture in the re/insurance market”
- PPL exceeds first quarter adoption targets
- esure Board reaches agreement with Bain Capital over all cash offer-interim profit impacted by adverse weather but growth continues
- Admiral produces strong interim result and growth all round
- CII and FCA launching series of nationwide professional focus CPD conferences for members working in the insurance profession
- Insurance Europe publishes response to the European Commission’s consultation on its proposed InvestEU programme expired
- Tremor Technologies announces that its programmatic risk placement marketplace is fully operational with significant buyers and sellers of re/insurance protection in place expired
- Continental General(CGIC) to acquire Humana’s long-term care insurance business, KMG America Corporation expired
- Talanx Chairman Leue "very satisfied" at half way expired
- SOBC DARAG forms joint venture in US-first acquisition announced expired
- Starstone announces a new casualty consortium targeted at the Australian and New Zealand markets expired
14th February 2018
Hiscox announces senior appointments
Hiscox has announced two senior appointments, subject to regulatory and immigration approvals, as the Group evolves its management structure to build on growth momentum in its retail businesses.
Ben Walter, ceo of Hiscox USA, will relocate to London to take up the newly created role of ceo Hiscox Global Retail, with effect from 1st July 2018. Ben will lead the Group's retail operations, including Hiscox UK & Ireland, Hiscox Europe, Hiscox USA and Hiscox Special Risks. Ben will focus on driving product innovation and growth across the Group's retail operations, where Hiscox sees plenty of opportunity.
Steve Langan, ceo of Hiscox UK & Europe, will relocate to New York to take up the role of ceo Hiscox USA, also effective from 1st July 2018. Continuing to build the Hiscox brand and presence in the US market will be critical to its success. He will focus on driving Hiscox USA's next phase of growth, drawing on his experience of building retail brands around the world, both at Hiscox and previously at Diageo and Coca Cola. Steve will also remain chief Marketing officer for the Group.
Bronek Masojada, Hiscox Group ceo, comments "Hiscox's growth in retail markets, particularly over the last 10 years, has changed the shape of our business. We are no longer a Lloyd's player with retail operations on the side, and as our business evolves we need to be able to respond to the huge opportunity ahead.
Our retail businesses span 12 countries and are at different stages of their journey, but they share similar challenges and opportunities such as brand building, leveraging scale and digitisation. These appointments will help us continue on our path of building a Group which can thrive at all stages of the insurance cycle."
Both WAlter and Langan will remain on the Executive Committee and Hiscox will begin the process of recruiting a new UK & Ireland ceo in the autumn.
Hiscox Trends(249 articles)