- World Economic Forum(WEF) Global Risks Report 2019 highlights worsening international relations hindering action across a growing array of serious challenges
- Comments on Brexit vote impasse
- Allianz Risk Barometer highlights cyber and concerns around Brexit as as top risks in UK
- Willis Re's Summary of Natural Catastrophe Events 2018 report estimates insured losses from major natural catastrophes at around $71.5bn
- BIBA highlights opportunities for business in 2019 Manifesto
- UK Comprehensive car insurance prices fell by 6% in 2018 says Confused.com/ Willis Towers Watson analysis
- Insurance Europe concerned that the European Commission’s proposal for an ePrivacy Regulation could hamper insurers’ ability to offer innovative insurance policies to consumers expired
- ArgoGlobal collaborating with broker Axieme and digital platform Jobby in Italy to respond to a need for on-demand, pay-as-you-go insurance for temporary and short-term workers expired
- LV= General Insurance successfully deploys Guidewire Core and Data solutions in the largest transformation the business has ever undertaken expired
- Marsh announces that it had placed more than 10,000 risks in 2018 through Placing Platform Limited(PPL)-over 15,000 in total expired
- ZhongAn and Grab to establish joint venture company to enter the digital insurance distribution business in Southeast Asia expired
- Greenlight Capital Re becomes largest shareholder in Chicogo-based MGU AccuRisk expired
14th February 2018
Hiscox announces senior appointments
Hiscox has announced two senior appointments, subject to regulatory and immigration approvals, as the Group evolves its management structure to build on growth momentum in its retail businesses.
Ben Walter, ceo of Hiscox USA, will relocate to London to take up the newly created role of ceo Hiscox Global Retail, with effect from 1st July 2018. Ben will lead the Group's retail operations, including Hiscox UK & Ireland, Hiscox Europe, Hiscox USA and Hiscox Special Risks. Ben will focus on driving product innovation and growth across the Group's retail operations, where Hiscox sees plenty of opportunity.
Steve Langan, ceo of Hiscox UK & Europe, will relocate to New York to take up the role of ceo Hiscox USA, also effective from 1st July 2018. Continuing to build the Hiscox brand and presence in the US market will be critical to its success. He will focus on driving Hiscox USA's next phase of growth, drawing on his experience of building retail brands around the world, both at Hiscox and previously at Diageo and Coca Cola. Steve will also remain chief Marketing officer for the Group.
Bronek Masojada, Hiscox Group ceo, comments "Hiscox's growth in retail markets, particularly over the last 10 years, has changed the shape of our business. We are no longer a Lloyd's player with retail operations on the side, and as our business evolves we need to be able to respond to the huge opportunity ahead.
Our retail businesses span 12 countries and are at different stages of their journey, but they share similar challenges and opportunities such as brand building, leveraging scale and digitisation. These appointments will help us continue on our path of building a Group which can thrive at all stages of the insurance cycle."
Both WAlter and Langan will remain on the Executive Committee and Hiscox will begin the process of recruiting a new UK & Ireland ceo in the autumn.
Hiscox Trends(249 articles)