- World Economic Forum(WEF) Global Risks Report 2019 highlights worsening international relations hindering action across a growing array of serious challenges
- Comments on Brexit vote impasse
- Allianz Risk Barometer highlights cyber and concerns around Brexit as as top risks in UK
- Willis Re's Summary of Natural Catastrophe Events 2018 report estimates insured losses from major natural catastrophes at around $71.5bn
- BIBA highlights opportunities for business in 2019 Manifesto
- UK Comprehensive car insurance prices fell by 6% in 2018 says Confused.com/ Willis Towers Watson analysis
- Insurance Europe concerned that the European Commission’s proposal for an ePrivacy Regulation could hamper insurers’ ability to offer innovative insurance policies to consumers expired
- ArgoGlobal collaborating with broker Axieme and digital platform Jobby in Italy to respond to a need for on-demand, pay-as-you-go insurance for temporary and short-term workers expired
- LV= General Insurance successfully deploys Guidewire Core and Data solutions in the largest transformation the business has ever undertaken expired
- Marsh announces that it had placed more than 10,000 risks in 2018 through Placing Platform Limited(PPL)-over 15,000 in total expired
- ZhongAn and Grab to establish joint venture company to enter the digital insurance distribution business in Southeast Asia expired
- Greenlight Capital Re becomes largest shareholder in Chicogo-based MGU AccuRisk expired
14th February 2018
Prudential Financial to purchase stake in Peak Re
Peak Reinsurance Company has announced that a wholly-owned subsidiary of US-headquartered Prudential Financial(PFI), has signed definitive agreements to purchase a minority stake in Peak Reinsurance Holdings the sole and direct shareholder of Peak Re via an issuance of new shares.
The transaction marks a further step in the long-term strategic partnership between Fosun International, the largest beneficial shareholder of Peak Re, and PFI(which does business as Pramerica in selected countries outside the US), one of the largest insurance groups globally. Fosun and PFI also jointly own and operate a life insurance joint venture in China.
As a rapidly growing international reinsurer based on best in class underwriting and risk management, Peak Re will benefit from this investment to support its continued growth.
Franz-Josef Hahn, ceo of Peak Re, comments “We want to thank Fosun and International Finance Corporation for supporting this successful venture and are pleased to welcome PFI as a new investor as we continue to build Peak Re into a leading global reinsurer.”
In the run-up to the Transaction, the shares of Peak Re Holdings held by International Finance Corporation(IFC), a member of the World Bank Group, were purchased by Fosun, in view of IFC’s continuing focus on emerging markets and Peak Re’s emergence as a globally-diversified reinsurer with strong positions in developed markets including the Americas and Europe.
The final consideration is subject to closing adjustments. Following the closing of the Transaction, Fosun and PFI, will hold 86.9% and 13.1% of Peak Re via Peak Re Holdings, respectively.
The Transaction is subject to customary closing conditions and completion of regulatory procedures with relevant regulators.
Peak Re (13 articles)
Prudential Financial Trends(141 articles)
Fosun Trends(21 articles)