- FCA publishes two consultation papers, setting out its proposals in the event the UK leaves the European Union on 29th March 2019 without an implementation period
- Standard & Poor's publishes Countdown to Brexit report
- COUNTRY Financial selects Guidewire ClaimCenter solution
- Verisk showcases piCalculator, its solution for calculating schedules of loss for personal injury claims
- ABI appoints two new Board members
- Ascot's CEO Brooks to Chair LMA
- Antares appoints Taylor as Head of Specialty expired
- Catalina Holdings closes $700m equity capital raise-Apollo Funds becomes majority shareholders expired
- Cincinnati Financial moves for Munich Re subsidiary MSP Underwriting expired
- IGI appoints Rix as Chief Actuary expired
- The Standard Club and The Strike Club plan to merge expired
- Newslink Global Insurance Trends-The Week expired
14th February 2018
Insurance Europe submits feedback in relation to the proposal to overhaul the three European Supervisory Authorities(ESAs)
Insurance Europe has submitted feedback in relation to the proposal to overhaul the three European Supervisory Authorities(ESAs), associated amendments to Solvency II, and proposed changes to the European Systemic Risk Board(ESRB).
Insurance Europe welcomed the Commission's recognition of the need for stability and sectoral expertise, as well as its decision to maintain the European Insurance and Occupational Pensions Authority(EIOPA) as a stand-alone authority.
However, Insurance Europe also identified several areas that require improvement in relation to governance and oversight to ensure appropriate checks and balances in EIOPA's work.
Insurance Europe also recommended including "acting in the interest of the European public good" as an explicit part of the ESAs' mandate to ensure a proportional and balanced approach to their supervision.
Insurance Europe Trends(129 articles)
Solvency II Trends(1,485 mentions in Insurance Newslink)