- FCA and US CFTC to collaborate on Fintech innovation
- US Bancorp fined and ordered to improve risk management and oversight
- FS-ISAC enables safer financial data sharing with API
- Choice and diversity are the key to quicker, cheaper cross-border retail payments, according to CPMI
- Paymium launches European cryptocurrency trading platform
- UK financial services lagging behind global rivals in digital, says GBG
- INTL FCStone enhances offshore fund through agreement with Allfunds expired
- deVere Vault launches Companion Cards expired
- BoA Merrill Lynch Community Development Banking provided record lending and investing in 2017 expired
- RBS announces BAME targets for the bank’s most senior roles expired
- UK Finance says mutual recognition of financial rules after Brexit would benefit both EU and UK expired
- Federal Reserve Board to fine and bar former Barclays employee expired
13th February 2018
FAB secures licence to establish investment banking subsidiary in Saudi Arabia
First Abu Dhabi Bank (FAB) has secured a licence from the Capital Market Authority (CMA) to establish an investment banking subsidiary in Saudi Arabia – ‘FAB Investment KSA’.
The subsidiary is wholly owned by FAB and will provide arranging and advisory services throughout the Kingdom to both KSA corporate clients and institutions looking to access international markets. It will enable FAB to grow stronger and to enhance its regional presence.
Abdulhamid Saeed, Group CEO of FAB, said: “This is a landmark development for both FAB Group and our market-leading Corporate and Investment Banking (CIB) franchise, which opens up significant opportunities for our customers to grow.
“This development will strengthen FAB’s ability to tap into one of the largest economies and capital markets in the MENA region. As a leader in the investment banking sector, we look forward to bringing our comprehensive product suite to KSA clients as well as those looking to access the Saudi and international markets.
“The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia is widely regarded as a catalyst to ignite further economic growth across the GCC and we are delighted that ‘FAB Investment KSA’ is now licenced to operate in the Kingdom. I would like to highlight that establishing this subsidiary will further cement the strong relationship which exists between the UAE and Saudi Arabia in the financial sector.”