- Bank of Scotland PMI: private sector output expands at fastest pace in five months
- FCA reports a 13% increase in complaints-mainly through the rise in PPI claims
- TransferWise first non-bank payment service provider(PSP)to join a UK payment system settling in central bank money
- Goldman Sachs Bank USA completes acquisition of Clarity Money
- FICO unveils several solution upgrades at FICO WORLD 2018 in Miami Beach
- Metro Bank to introduce AI-powered money management tool
- Synectics Precision predictive analytics solution enhances anti-fraud defences at Coventry Building Society expired
- Hammonds the latest Board member to leave Deutsche Bank expired
- Nomura Asset Management to launch a new Exchange Traded Fund( ETF) expired
- ArchOver is now helping businesses to bridge the funding gap whilst waiting for their R&D tax claim to be repaid expired
- CivilisedBank appoints Stephens as CEO expired
- Triodos Bank raises over £7m in three months through crowdfunding platform expired
12th January 2018
TD Bank Group acquires AI company Layer 6
TD Bank Group has acquired Layer 6 Inc, an artificial intelligence (AI) company based in Toronto, Ontario. Layer 6 has emerged as a pioneer in the delivery of responsive, personalised and insight-driven experiences for the financial services industry. Layer 6 founders Tomi Poutanen and Jordan Jacobs are also co-founders of the Vector Institute, a leader in AI research and education.
Bharat Masrani, Group President and CEO, TD Bank Group, said: "Anticipating and meeting customer needs are at the heart of our promise, and we are excited to further accelerate our innovation agenda to deliver well into the future. As we deploy new solutions, we will extend our deep relationship with customers across all of our platforms and offer personalised, connected and legendary experiences for our customers in the digital age."
Jordan Jacobs, Co-CEO & Co-Founder, Layer 6, said: "TD is committed to leading the market with new innovation and superior customer experiences. Layer 6 was founded to help organisations harness the power of artificial intelligence, and we are excited to join TD and help them build for the future."
The acquisition is not expected to have a meaningful impact on TD's Common Equity Tier 1 Capital ratio.