- FS industry agrees new code supporting victims of financial abuse
- The World Alliance of International Financial Centres launches
- Banks and law firms commit to new working practices for better mental health
- The FCA consults on its approach ahead of the UK’s exit from the EU
- Regulators must work together to avoid breakdown in cross-border financial services, says UK Finance
- Voice ID launches to customers of Lloyds, Halifax and Bank of Scotland
- Date of Bank of England stress testing results announced expired
- NAB choses Brilliance Financial Technology to transform pricing processes expired
- Target Group strengthens its Client Services team with double hire expired
- Over half of the UK’s workforce wants more help from employers with financial planning expired
- Fintech finance firm Duologi aims for ambitious growth expired
- JP Morgan mandatory coding training sets it apart from crowd, says Infosys expired
12th January 2018
Nomura establishes principal investment business subsidiary
Nomura Holdings Inc. has established Nomura Capital Partners Co Ltd, a wholly owned subsidiary that will oversee the firm’s principal investment business. Nomura launched its principal investment business this year with the establishment of a new Merchant Banking Division on 1st January, 2018. Nomura Capital Partners will play a central role in the execution of this new business.
The needs of the firm’s corporate clients have become increasingly diversified and sophisticated. In order to respond to these needs, the new company will primarily provide equity as a solution for business reorganisations and revitalisations, business succession as well as management buyouts.
Through its new subsidiary, Nomura will provide a broad range of solutions that meet the growing expectations of its clients. Nomura aims to become the financial services group that clients turn to and will continue to create businesses to tap into new sources of revenues.