- Santander cancels new CEO appointment due to 'unacceptable costs’
- New taskforce created to counter corruption and fraud
- HSBC settles $250bn of FX transactions using DLT
- GHOS endorses market risk capital framework and Basel Committee work programme
- UK Finance responds to meaningful vote on Brexit deal
- Société Générale publishes update on Q4 18 Group performance
- Brexit deal means nothing unless it considers threats to financial services, says ArchOver expired
- Study finds a third of adult children have never discussed finances with their parents expired
- Bank of America reports record earnings for 2018 expired
- Citigroup reports healthy profit for 2018, after net loss in 2017 expired
- Goldman Sachs posts double-digit revenue growth for 2018 expired
- Wells Fargo made significant progress on goals in 2018, says CEO expired
12th January 2018
Nomura establishes principal investment business subsidiary
Nomura Holdings Inc. has established Nomura Capital Partners Co Ltd, a wholly owned subsidiary that will oversee the firm’s principal investment business. Nomura launched its principal investment business this year with the establishment of a new Merchant Banking Division on 1st January, 2018. Nomura Capital Partners will play a central role in the execution of this new business.
The needs of the firm’s corporate clients have become increasingly diversified and sophisticated. In order to respond to these needs, the new company will primarily provide equity as a solution for business reorganisations and revitalisations, business succession as well as management buyouts.
Through its new subsidiary, Nomura will provide a broad range of solutions that meet the growing expectations of its clients. Nomura aims to become the financial services group that clients turn to and will continue to create businesses to tap into new sources of revenues.