- European reinsurers' 2017 results support Fitch Ratings' view of the sector's resilience to catastrophe losses
- Global Data reports that over 30% of UK consumers say they would purchase some form of insurance product from alternative providers such as Google, Apple, Facebook, and Amazon
- UK Comprehensive car insurance premiums continued to fall during the first quarter
- ABI responds positively to PRA's proposed change of position on the use of dynamic VA and external audit requirements
- PPL goes live for accident and health classes
- AXIS Capital launches Cyber Center of Excellence
- Beazley reports that cloud-based office solutions are coming under increasing attack from cyber-criminals expired
- Lockton appoints EVP- Chief Digital Officer expired
- Marsh, with IBM, ACORD, and ISN, announces the first commercial blockchain solution for proof of insurance expired
- ConTe.it, Admiral's Italian brand, deploys Guidewire solutions expired
- Konsileo commercial broker InsurTech secures £2.7m in funding expired
- Generali closes sale of operations in Columbia and Panama expired
10th January 2018
Board and CEO changes at Hastings Insurance Group
Hastings Insurance group has announced changes to its Board.
Mike Fairey, who joined the business in June 2015, has notified the Board that he has decided to retire as chairman and will step down from the Board at the company's Annual General Meeting (AGM) in May.
Gary Hoffman, who joined the business as Group ceo in November 2012, will take over the role of non-Executive chairman when Fairey steps down.
Toby van der Meer, who joined the business in June 2011 and has been managing director of the company's UK trading subsidiary, Hastings Insurance Services Limited, will be appointed to the company's Board with effect from 1st March and will take over the role of ceo as of that date. In the period between van deer Meer's appointment and his appointment as chairman, Hoffman will remain on the Board as an executive director.
Hastings Trends(48 articles)