- COVID-19 pandemic fueling social inequality and political unrest: Political Risk Map 2021
- GFIA responds to Canadian regulator OSFI on draft revised guideline on large P&C exposures and investment
- AXA successful placement of first subordinated green bonds
- Ardonagh and Amynta Group announce joint venture to acquire AccuRisk Solutions
- MS Amlin acquires International Transportation Marine Office
- Julia Graham appointed CEO of Airmic
- Majesco adds new capabilities to Distribution Management Platform expired
- AXA XL appoints Khera as Head of Marine, UK & Lloyd’s market expired
- Newslink Global Insurance Trends-Editor's Weekly Overview expired
- More of the same for 1st April reinsurance renewals: Willis Re 1st View expired
- Insurance Europe publishes response to EIOPA on its pilot dashboard for insurance protection gaps for natural catastrophes expired
- Zurich forges ahead with climate goals to tackle growing risk to society expired
7th April 2021
AXA XL appoints Khera as Head of Marine, UK & Lloyd’s market
AXA XL has appointed Sundeep Khera as head of Marine, UK & Lloyd’s market, effective 1st July 2021, and Global Head of Hull, effective immediately.
Khera is currently head of Marine, Asia-Pacific, at AXA XL, based in Singapore. In his new roles, he will be responsible for driving strategic, profitable expansion across the UK & Lloyd’s region and the division’s Global Hull books of business.
He will relocate to London, UK, to take up his new roles. He will step down from his role as head of Marine, Asia-Pacific in July, to ensure the smooth handover and transition of his current responsibilities.
Khera has been with AXA for more than eight years, joining as a Regional Manager, Asia-Marine & Transport Risk Consulting at AXA Corporate Solutions in 2013, before later being appointed head of Marine in 2015. Following the completion of AXA’s acquisition of XL Catlin in 2019, he was appointed head of Marine, Asia-Pacific.
Over the span of his 25-year career in the marine industry, Khera also worked for five years at Emirates Shipping Line in several senior management roles, including general manager, Operations–South East Asia and Vessel Planning manager, Operations. He had previously been Master Mariner/Captain at Titan Ocean Pte Ltd/Petro Titan and Chem Oil Corporation/Link Marine Pte Ltd, and before that had undertaken chief officer, 2nd officer and 3rd officer roles for BW Shipping.
In addition to his professional qualifications and experience, Khera also holds an MBA degree from the University of Chicago, Booth School of Business.
Commenting on the appointment, Peter Welton, cuo Marine, Energy & Aerospace, UK & Lloyd’s market at AXA XL, said “I’m delighted that Sundeep will be taking on responsibility for our London-based marine business. As a former Master Mariner/Captain in the field, Sundeep’s strength of leadership and depth of expertise will be key as we continue to serve our clients and support them in managing the risks they face today and in the future.”
Anne-Marie Elder, Global cuo Marine & CUO Marine, Americas, added “Sundeep has proven to be a hugely valuable member of the marine team and has built up a strong reputation both within AXA XL and the global marine insurance market. His high level of technical expertise and knowledge further strengthens our global hull business and his appointment is a demonstration of the bench strength we have available at AXA XL.”
AXA Trends(892 articles)