- COVID-19 pandemic fueling social inequality and political unrest: Political Risk Map 2021
- GFIA responds to Canadian regulator OSFI on draft revised guideline on large P&C exposures and investment
- AXA successful placement of first subordinated green bonds
- Ardonagh and Amynta Group announce joint venture to acquire AccuRisk Solutions
- MS Amlin acquires International Transportation Marine Office
- Julia Graham appointed CEO of Airmic
- Majesco adds new capabilities to Distribution Management Platform expired
- AXA XL appoints Khera as Head of Marine, UK & Lloyd’s market expired
- Newslink Global Insurance Trends-Editor's Weekly Overview expired
- More of the same for 1st April reinsurance renewals: Willis Re 1st View expired
- Insurance Europe publishes response to EIOPA on its pilot dashboard for insurance protection gaps for natural catastrophes expired
- Zurich forges ahead with climate goals to tackle growing risk to society expired
4th April 2021
Newslink Global Insurance Trends-Editor's Weekly Overview
This week, a Swiss Re Institute Sigma Report headlined regarding natural catastrophes in 2020-secondary perils in focus but primary peril risk remains–combined insured losses could reach $300bn. The pandemic is accelerating megatrends for German insurers, said a S&P Global report. International reinsurance renewals completed for 1st April 2021 followed trends set earlier in the season, as market pricing remained firm in virtually all classes and territories-capacity was adequate across the board, and no substantive changes took place in negotiations over exclusionary language, according to the latest 1st View renewals report from Willis Re. Digital health, telehealth and wellness: attitudes to risk and insurance, were revealed in new research published by Beazley.
A new good practice guide for delegated authorities was published by the International Underwriting Association (IUA). Insurance Europe published a response to EIOPA on its pilot dashboard for insurance protection gaps for natural catastrophes, and replied to a consultation by the IAIS on its draft application paper on the supervision of control functions. The Geneva Association and IFTRIP issued a second report in a series on cyber terrorism and cyber war(CTCW).
US-based London Underwriter successfully implemented INSTANDA's technology to create a new InsurTech–Bunch Insurance, whilst HTC Global Services and Willis Towers Watson are to collaborate to improve operational efficiency and speed to market for insurers.
Lloyd’s announced an aggregated market loss of £0.9bn for 2020(2019: £2.5bn profit), including net incurred COVID-19 losses of £3.4bn after reinsurance recoveries. Allstate is to sell Allstate Life Insurance Company of New York to Wilton Re, AIA announced a 15 year distribution deal with Bank of East Asia(BEA), and Zurich said it was forging ahead with climate goals to tackle th growing risk to society. There were senior appointments at Apollo, RSA/Intact and WCL.
INSURANCE NEWSLINK-GLOBAL TRENDS RESEARCH SELF-SERVICE
With the COVID-19 pandemic necessitating a dispersed workforce resulting in a surge in digitisation, climate change ongoing issues, growing cyber threats, and public trust a continuing challenge, there is an increasing need for key staff to keep in touch with global market trends and to be able to speedily drill down on areas of interest and print/email an automatic report.
Full articles on the topics in the Editor's Weekly Overview above are included in those added this week to the unique Insurance Newslink Global Trends Database Research Matrix service at www.onlystrategic.com
The self-search and reporting service across all (re)insurance sectors has covered key global trends since its launch in 1993-bringing together significant worldwide market and IT/InsurTech intelligence from source-editing and linking across region/country, regulatory, surveys/research, results, and IT by business application area. The database contains over 53,000 linked articles and is updated twice-weekly.
Sister-service Banking Newslink contains over 34,000 articles, and Financial Newslink is a combination of both database services.
REGISTER FOR A 14 DAY FULL TRIAL TO ASSESS OUR SERVICE AT: