- COVID-19 pandemic fueling social inequality and political unrest: Political Risk Map 2021
- GFIA responds to Canadian regulator OSFI on draft revised guideline on large P&C exposures and investment
- AXA successful placement of first subordinated green bonds
- Ardonagh and Amynta Group announce joint venture to acquire AccuRisk Solutions
- MS Amlin acquires International Transportation Marine Office
- Julia Graham appointed CEO of Airmic
- Majesco adds new capabilities to Distribution Management Platform expired
- AXA XL appoints Khera as Head of Marine, UK & Lloyd’s market expired
- Newslink Global Insurance Trends-Editor's Weekly Overview expired
- More of the same for 1st April reinsurance renewals: Willis Re 1st View expired
- Insurance Europe publishes response to EIOPA on its pilot dashboard for insurance protection gaps for natural catastrophes expired
- Zurich forges ahead with climate goals to tackle growing risk to society expired
21st February 2021
Duck Creek Technologies wins XCelent Technology Award for EMEA Property Casualty Policy Administration Systems
Duck Creek Technologies) has announced that it has won an XCelent Technology Award for 2021 Policy Administration Systems for the EMEA Property Casualty sector from independent industry analyst firm Celent.
Built using low-code tools and delivered in a SaaS model, Duck Creek Policy empowers P&C insurers with end-to-end policy lifecycle administration for building, delivering, and servicing innovative products at scale in an era of rapid, customer-centric innovation and growth.
Celent profiled the majority of the property casualty policy administration systems available in the region in its 2021 Policy Administration Systems report for the EMEA P&C Sector. The methodology uses Celent’s ABCD vendor view, designed to show at a glance the relative positions of each vendor in four categories: Advanced Technology, Breadth of Functionality, Customer Base, and Depth of Client Services.
Celent’s report is designed to help insurers define their core systems requirements and, where appropriate, create a short list of vendors for evaluation. The report notes, “Duck Creek Policy continues to invest in usability. They enhanced their tech stack with a visual page building tool that supports a new user experience approach across the full suite. They’ve created persona-based templates that allow the experience to be tailored by role and easily rolled out.”
The Celent report also notes that Duck Creek Policy’s configuration tools allow an insurer to become fully self-sufficient and permit moving many tasks from developers to business analysts or business users.
Celent Analyst for Europe Craig Beattie comments “Duck Creek continues to expand their menu of cloud-based services making this a nice solution for those that are looking for full cloud deployments. Duck Creek Policy continues to enjoy significant market acceptance, and the company has built out an ecosystem of digital and insurtech partners and has also substantially increased its network of systems integrator partners for system implementation. Duck Creek Policy is a strong, modern solution deployed in multiple countries and will be of interest to insurers across Europe.”
Bart Patrick, managing director of Duck Creek Technologies in Europe, added “For insurers looking for a technologically advanced SaaS solution, we’re the winner in that category and our investments in our tools and technology is what put our Policy solution in a position to win this technology award. We were early in the game in offering a modern, SaaS policy admin system in the European market, which is now beginning to embrace cloud solutions. In addition to our continued investments in our tools and technology, we’re also investing in European-specific enhancements and functionality.
Duck Creek Trends(105 articles)