- Insurance Newslink Global Trends-Editor's Weekly Overview
- Lloyd's publishes its new Culture Dashboard
- CII urges action to restore trust
- Swiss Re confirms claims and reserves related to COVID-19 of $2.5bn-resulted in a net loss of $1.1bn but confident for the future
- Hastings Insurance Group confirmed that it has been approached regarding a possible cash offer
- US P&C surplus fell by $75.7bn in first quarter
- RMS estimates that US insured losses from Hurricane Hanna will not exceed $400m expired
- Sapiens to acquire Boston--based Delphi Technology expired
- Chubb reports net loss for second quarter of $331m expired
- RSA operating and underwriting results up for first half expired
- AXIS Capital reports net income of $112 m for second quarter expired
- Lancashire produced strong underwriting performance in first half expired
29th July 2020
Everest Re appoints leaders for Insurance Division
Everest Re Group has announced that Michael Karmilowicz has been named president and ceo of the Everest Insurance® Division with Michael Mulray being named the Everest Insurance® Division coo. Karmilowicz and Mulray assume these new positions with immediate effect.
Karmilowicz joined Everest Insurance in July of 2015, and most recently served as evp and president of North America P&C. He has nearly 30 years of experience in the insurance industry, having worked in increasingly responsible management and underwriting positions at carriers including Zurich and The Hartford.
Mulray joined Everest Insurance in May of 2015, as cuo, a position he has held since that time. Prior to joining Everest, he worked at General Electric Company, where he spent a decade in a variety of risk and insurance leadership positions. Mulray began his career in insurance over 20 years ago with Aon, serving in a variety of roles in both the US and Bermuda markets.
Juan C. Andrade, president and ceo of Everest Re Group, Ltd. comments “Mike Karmilowicz, Mike Mulray, and the leadership team have done a tremendous job in the build out of the Everest Insurance Division, while elevating the Everest name in the insurance marketplace. Mike and Mike’s leadership capabilities, track record, knowledge of the market, and strategic vision make them ideal candidates for leading the Insurance Division going forward.Today's announcement further demonstrates the strength of the talent within Everest. I look forward to continuing to work with Mike and Mike as they and their team advance our mission of delivering consistent, industry leading underwriting results.”
Everest Re Trends(116 articles)