- European Parliament votes to adopt an agreement reached between the EU institutions regarding the review of the European system of financial supervision
- S&P reviews European run-off market
- PRA issues Policy Statement on approaches to managing the financial risks from climate change
- Confused.com/Willis Towers Watson latest survey indicates UK comprehensive car insurance premiums down compared with a year ago
- Horwich Farrelly highlights the potential pitfalls for insurance providers focusing too heavily on claims acceptance league tables
- BIBA appoints Magenta to provide its members with a scheme to help customers protect themselves against Escape of Water(EOW) in the home
- Medscheme creates modern decision platform which reviews some 400,000 claim lines per day powered by a FICO solution expired
- InsurData secures a further $3m funding from a group of investors expired
- Lemonade raises £300m in latest investment round expired
- Portabl picked by the Plug and Play innovation platform to join its InsurTech Batch of innovative companies expired
- Sapiens announces upgrade to IDITSuite solution expired
- BIBA appoints Blundell to a new position as Head of General insurance expired
10th February 2019
BDO completes merger with Moore Stephens
BDO has completed its merger with Moore Stephens, creating the largest UK accountancy and business advisory firm focused on mid-sized businesses. The merger will enable BDO to enhance its ability to serve the financial services and insurance sectors, delivering greater expertise and building on the already significant position enjoyed by Moore Stephens.
The merged firm will operate under the BDO brand and as part of BDO’s international network, which has 80,000 people and revenues of $9bn across 162 countries. In the UK, BDO LLP now has a combined workforce of 5,000 people across 17 locations, delivering revenues of £590m.
The merger, which relates to the London, Birmingham, Reading, Bristol and Watford offices of Moore Stephens, will make BDO the third biggest auditor of listed companies, strengthening its position as calls to improve quality and competition at the upper end of the audit market continue.
In addition, it cements BDO’s ranking as the UK’s leading auditor to AIM-listed companies.
Alex Barnes, partner, BDO and former partner at Moore Stephens, comments “The strength of the BDO financial services division and its international network will assist insurers and brokers grow globally and meet the challenges of issues such as Brexit. We are now the fifth biggest accountancy firm in the insurance sector with all the team from Moore Stephens coming across and joining our new colleagues at BDO.”
BDO Trends(3 articles)
Moore Stephens Trends(36 articles)