- Swiss Re new sigma report looks at the potential of advanced analytics
- Hamilton completes acquisition of Pembroke Managing Agency and its platform at Lloyd’s, as well as Dublin-based carrier, Ironshore Europe DAC(IEDAC), from Liberty Mutual
- Insurance Europe publishes response to a consultation by the International Association of Insurance Supervisors (IAIS) on systemic risk
- S&P Global reviews Californian wildfires and re/insurers risk appetite
- Majesco publishes new thought leadership report headed "The Future of Insurance: Optimization, Growth and Innovation"
- WIllis Towers Watson Claim Metrics benchmarking analysis indicates that motor claims payout inflation in the UK rose by 8.6% in 2018
- Global Risk Partners(GRP) moves for Health and Safety Click(H&S Click). expired
- Illinois-based Pekin Insurance has successfully deployed Guidewire InsurancePlatform expired
- High Court declines to sanction the transfer of an annuity portfolio from Prudential to Rothesay Life expired
- Lloyd's broker SSL Endeavour announces senior appointments-to acquire aviation broker/MGA in North America expired
- DARAG appoints Insley as CFO expired
- Everest Insurance appoints Adams to head operations in Bermuda expired
10th February 2019
BDO completes merger with Moore Stephens
BDO has completed its merger with Moore Stephens, creating the largest UK accountancy and business advisory firm focused on mid-sized businesses. The merger will enable BDO to enhance its ability to serve the financial services and insurance sectors, delivering greater expertise and building on the already significant position enjoyed by Moore Stephens.
The merged firm will operate under the BDO brand and as part of BDO’s international network, which has 80,000 people and revenues of $9bn across 162 countries. In the UK, BDO LLP now has a combined workforce of 5,000 people across 17 locations, delivering revenues of £590m.
The merger, which relates to the London, Birmingham, Reading, Bristol and Watford offices of Moore Stephens, will make BDO the third biggest auditor of listed companies, strengthening its position as calls to improve quality and competition at the upper end of the audit market continue.
In addition, it cements BDO’s ranking as the UK’s leading auditor to AIM-listed companies.
Alex Barnes, partner, BDO and former partner at Moore Stephens, comments “The strength of the BDO financial services division and its international network will assist insurers and brokers grow globally and meet the challenges of issues such as Brexit. We are now the fifth biggest accountancy firm in the insurance sector with all the team from Moore Stephens coming across and joining our new colleagues at BDO.”
BDO Trends(3 articles)
Moore Stephens Trends(36 articles)