- World Economic Forum(WEF) Global Risks Report 2019 highlights worsening international relations hindering action across a growing array of serious challenges
- Comments on Brexit vote impasse
- Allianz Risk Barometer highlights cyber and concerns around Brexit as as top risks in UK
- Willis Re's Summary of Natural Catastrophe Events 2018 report estimates insured losses from major natural catastrophes at around $71.5bn
- BIBA highlights opportunities for business in 2019 Manifesto
- UK Comprehensive car insurance prices fell by 6% in 2018 says Confused.com/ Willis Towers Watson analysis
- Insurance Europe concerned that the European Commission’s proposal for an ePrivacy Regulation could hamper insurers’ ability to offer innovative insurance policies to consumers expired
- ArgoGlobal collaborating with broker Axieme and digital platform Jobby in Italy to respond to a need for on-demand, pay-as-you-go insurance for temporary and short-term workers expired
- LV= General Insurance successfully deploys Guidewire Core and Data solutions in the largest transformation the business has ever undertaken expired
- Marsh announces that it had placed more than 10,000 risks in 2018 through Placing Platform Limited(PPL)-over 15,000 in total expired
- ZhongAn and Grab to establish joint venture company to enter the digital insurance distribution business in Southeast Asia expired
- Greenlight Capital Re becomes largest shareholder in Chicogo-based MGU AccuRisk expired
9th January 2019
LV= names Bolton as Managing Director LIfe & Pensions
LV= has appointed Clive Bolton as managing director, Life & Pensions with immediate effect, subject to regulatory approval.
He brings extensive experience of the life and pensions market having spent 11 years at Aviva Life UK, five of which were as managing director of Retirement Solutions. He is currently a consultant with the International Longevity Centre and a non-executive Member of the Civil Service Pension Scheme Advisory Board.
At LV=, Bolton will replace John Perks who is leaving to join the Police Mutual Group as chief executive in April.
Richard Rowney, LV= chief executive, comments “John has played a key part in taking the life business from sales of £500m a year to over £2bn and leaves an organisation well placed to deliver on its goals for customers, members and advisers. We wish him every success in the future.
Clive Bolton is a hugely impressive business leader with a proven track record of growing and developing life businesses based around the needs of customers and advisers. He brings an extensive understanding of the life and pensions market and I’m confident that he’ll contribute significantly to LV=’s future success.”
LV= Trends(110 articles)