- GlobalData survey highlights growth in UK consumers purchasing household insurance online
- Digital Risks launches new version of its Quote & Bind (Q&B) journey
- EIOPA requests Insurance Undertakings to provide information in the context of its 4th Long-Term Guarantees Report and the 2020 Solvency II Review
- R&Q US subsidiary enters into another program partnership
- QIC Global to use Sequel’s Impact system to deliver flexibility and functionality in order to capture and aggregate complex cyber exposures
- VIenna pre-tax profit up around 10% for 2018
- LV= announces plans to convert to a company limited by guarantee-2018 profit before tax down due to deteriorating financial markets expired
- LMA CEO states “Sexual harassment is simply indefensible in any workplace and all instances should be dealt with swiftly and appropriately" expired
- Beazley Breach Response Services publishes latest annual report expired
- Royal London CEO Loney bullish after 2018 result expired
- Hansard Global selects Majesco cloud-based solutions expired
- Newslink Global Insurance Trends-The Week expired
7th November 2018
Insurance Europe welcomes IAIS changes to its proposals for a ComFrame for the supervision of Internationally Active Insurance Groups(IAIGs)
Europe’s insurers have welcomed changes made by the International Association of Insurance Supervisors(IAIS) to its proposals for a Common Framework(ComFrame) for the supervision of Internationally Active Insurance Groups (IAIGs).
In particular, the IAIS’ efforts to clarify how requirements apply across an IAIG are welcome. However, additional guidance is needed on what approach should be taken if the group-wide and legal entity supervisors have different expectations.
In its response to an IAIS consultation on ComFrame, Insurance Europe said it generally supports the ComFrame material and the IAIS’ proposed guidance, however a number of concerns were raised with respect to overlapping issues and lack of consistency between specific insurance core principles(ICPs), overly detailed and prescriptive governance requirements and requests for further clarification.
Insurance Europe reiterated the need for proportionality to be an overarching principle in ICPs and ComFrame, adding that proportionality needs to be introduced to several provisions throughout the ICPs.
Insurance Europe Trends(159 articles)
IAIS Trends(136 articles)