- Insurance Newslink drops in for a Guidewire update
- LMA says 80% of Lloyd’s managing agents would “like to see Insurance Linked Securities (ILS) products become a permanent fixture in the re/insurance market”
- PPL exceeds first quarter adoption targets
- esure Board reaches agreement with Bain Capital over all cash offer-interim profit impacted by adverse weather but growth continues
- Admiral produces strong interim result and growth all round
- CII and FCA launching series of nationwide professional focus CPD conferences for members working in the insurance profession
- Insurance Europe publishes response to the European Commission’s consultation on its proposed InvestEU programme expired
- Tremor Technologies announces that its programmatic risk placement marketplace is fully operational with significant buyers and sellers of re/insurance protection in place expired
- Continental General(CGIC) to acquire Humana’s long-term care insurance business, KMG America Corporation expired
- Talanx Chairman Leue "very satisfied" at half way expired
- SOBC DARAG forms joint venture in US-first acquisition announced expired
- Starstone announces a new casualty consortium targeted at the Australian and New Zealand markets expired
8th August 2018
Willis Towers Watson introduces Captive Quantified digital tool at VCIA Annual Conference this week
Willis Towers Watson has announced Captive Quantified, a first-of-its-kind digital tool to help organisations analyze financial feasibility and future profitability of their captive insurance strategies. The company are introducing the product at the 2018 Vermont Captive Insurance Association’s (VCIA’s) Annual Conference this week(7th to 9th) in Burlington, Vermont.
The web-based, interactive design automates due diligence and financial analysis to help organisations assess the potential value proposition of forming a captive insurance company compared to purchasing traditional insurance or retaining risk on its balance sheet. The tool also helps organisations identify the best combination of risks to include in a captive with a predetermined level of capitalisation while identifying the best domicile for its unique needs. Additionally, users can perform live and interactive stress testing by changing assumptions and test scenarios to quickly evaluate capital adequacy and determine future capitalization needs.
Captive Quantified is the latest release in Willis Towers Watson’s interconnected suite of quantification models and can be used in combination with other tools to support an organisation’s broader risk management strategy.
“Captive Quantified is a real game changer that goes far beyond typical financial analysis used for captive feasibility studies,” said Sean Rider, managing director, Consulting and Development, Global Captive practice, Willis Towers Watson. “This powerful tool will enable profoundly more sophisticated conversations with finance decision makers as to the value, volatility and efficacy of the captive proposition at both the feasibility stage and throughout the life of the captive. We are proud to present this at VCIA as a further demonstration of Willis Towers Watson’s leadership in the market.”
Willis Towers Watson(145 articles)