- World Economic Forum(WEF) Global Risks Report 2019 highlights worsening international relations hindering action across a growing array of serious challenges
- Comments on Brexit vote impasse
- Allianz Risk Barometer highlights cyber and concerns around Brexit as as top risks in UK
- Willis Re's Summary of Natural Catastrophe Events 2018 report estimates insured losses from major natural catastrophes at around $71.5bn
- BIBA highlights opportunities for business in 2019 Manifesto
- UK Comprehensive car insurance prices fell by 6% in 2018 says Confused.com/ Willis Towers Watson analysis
- Insurance Europe concerned that the European Commission’s proposal for an ePrivacy Regulation could hamper insurers’ ability to offer innovative insurance policies to consumers expired
- ArgoGlobal collaborating with broker Axieme and digital platform Jobby in Italy to respond to a need for on-demand, pay-as-you-go insurance for temporary and short-term workers expired
- LV= General Insurance successfully deploys Guidewire Core and Data solutions in the largest transformation the business has ever undertaken expired
- Marsh announces that it had placed more than 10,000 risks in 2018 through Placing Platform Limited(PPL)-over 15,000 in total expired
- ZhongAn and Grab to establish joint venture company to enter the digital insurance distribution business in Southeast Asia expired
- Greenlight Capital Re becomes largest shareholder in Chicogo-based MGU AccuRisk expired
8th August 2018
Willis Towers Watson introduces Captive Quantified digital tool at VCIA Annual Conference this week
Willis Towers Watson has announced Captive Quantified, a first-of-its-kind digital tool to help organisations analyze financial feasibility and future profitability of their captive insurance strategies. The company are introducing the product at the 2018 Vermont Captive Insurance Association’s (VCIA’s) Annual Conference this week(7th to 9th) in Burlington, Vermont.
The web-based, interactive design automates due diligence and financial analysis to help organisations assess the potential value proposition of forming a captive insurance company compared to purchasing traditional insurance or retaining risk on its balance sheet. The tool also helps organisations identify the best combination of risks to include in a captive with a predetermined level of capitalisation while identifying the best domicile for its unique needs. Additionally, users can perform live and interactive stress testing by changing assumptions and test scenarios to quickly evaluate capital adequacy and determine future capitalization needs.
Captive Quantified is the latest release in Willis Towers Watson’s interconnected suite of quantification models and can be used in combination with other tools to support an organisation’s broader risk management strategy.
“Captive Quantified is a real game changer that goes far beyond typical financial analysis used for captive feasibility studies,” said Sean Rider, managing director, Consulting and Development, Global Captive practice, Willis Towers Watson. “This powerful tool will enable profoundly more sophisticated conversations with finance decision makers as to the value, volatility and efficacy of the captive proposition at both the feasibility stage and throughout the life of the captive. We are proud to present this at VCIA as a further demonstration of Willis Towers Watson’s leadership in the market.”
Willis Towers Watson(145 articles)