- Newslink Global Insurance Trends-The Week
- The majority of executives(87%) around the world cite untrained staff as the greatest cyber risk to their business according to a new report from “The Cybersecurity Imperative”
- PRA publishes four final Policy Statements on Solvency II
- PRA publishes Policy Statement-"Strengthening accountability: Implementing the extension of the SM&CR to insurers"
- FCA and The Pensions Regulator(TPR) launch a joint regulatory strategy
- Prudential Financial SIFI designation dropped by FSOC
- Applied Systems announces investment from CapitalG bringing access to Google expertise across artificial intelligence, machine learning, and digital marketing expired
- Greenlight Re Innovations makes third investment-in South Africa-based digital insurance platform Click2Sure expired
- RMS estimates insured losses from Hurricane Michael at $6.8bn to $10bn expired
- Insurance Australia Group(IAG) licenses the RMS High Definition New Zealand Earthquake Model expired
- AXA XL receives authorisation in principle to move its EU insurance company, XL Insurance Company SE, from the UK to Ireland expired
- Hannover Re completes fifth catastrophe bond transaction for clients this year- raising the total issuance volume to $1.5bn in 2018 expired
8th August 2018
Willis Towers Watson introduces Captive Quantified digital tool at VCIA Annual Conference this week
Willis Towers Watson has announced Captive Quantified, a first-of-its-kind digital tool to help organisations analyze financial feasibility and future profitability of their captive insurance strategies. The company are introducing the product at the 2018 Vermont Captive Insurance Association’s (VCIA’s) Annual Conference this week(7th to 9th) in Burlington, Vermont.
The web-based, interactive design automates due diligence and financial analysis to help organisations assess the potential value proposition of forming a captive insurance company compared to purchasing traditional insurance or retaining risk on its balance sheet. The tool also helps organisations identify the best combination of risks to include in a captive with a predetermined level of capitalisation while identifying the best domicile for its unique needs. Additionally, users can perform live and interactive stress testing by changing assumptions and test scenarios to quickly evaluate capital adequacy and determine future capitalization needs.
Captive Quantified is the latest release in Willis Towers Watson’s interconnected suite of quantification models and can be used in combination with other tools to support an organisation’s broader risk management strategy.
“Captive Quantified is a real game changer that goes far beyond typical financial analysis used for captive feasibility studies,” said Sean Rider, managing director, Consulting and Development, Global Captive practice, Willis Towers Watson. “This powerful tool will enable profoundly more sophisticated conversations with finance decision makers as to the value, volatility and efficacy of the captive proposition at both the feasibility stage and throughout the life of the captive. We are proud to present this at VCIA as a further demonstration of Willis Towers Watson’s leadership in the market.”
Willis Towers Watson(145 articles)