- World Economic Forum(WEF) Global Risks Report 2019 highlights worsening international relations hindering action across a growing array of serious challenges
- Comments on Brexit vote impasse
- Allianz Risk Barometer highlights cyber and concerns around Brexit as as top risks in UK
- Willis Re's Summary of Natural Catastrophe Events 2018 report estimates insured losses from major natural catastrophes at around $71.5bn
- BIBA highlights opportunities for business in 2019 Manifesto
- UK Comprehensive car insurance prices fell by 6% in 2018 says Confused.com/ Willis Towers Watson analysis
- Insurance Europe concerned that the European Commission’s proposal for an ePrivacy Regulation could hamper insurers’ ability to offer innovative insurance policies to consumers expired
- ArgoGlobal collaborating with broker Axieme and digital platform Jobby in Italy to respond to a need for on-demand, pay-as-you-go insurance for temporary and short-term workers expired
- LV= General Insurance successfully deploys Guidewire Core and Data solutions in the largest transformation the business has ever undertaken expired
- Marsh announces that it had placed more than 10,000 risks in 2018 through Placing Platform Limited(PPL)-over 15,000 in total expired
- ZhongAn and Grab to establish joint venture company to enter the digital insurance distribution business in Southeast Asia expired
- Greenlight Capital Re becomes largest shareholder in Chicogo-based MGU AccuRisk expired
8th August 2018
AIR Worldwide releases new catastrophe modelling software Touchstone Re
AIR Worldwide has announced that it has released Touchstone Re, a new catastrophe modelling software application designed for estimating the loss potential of reinsurance contracts and portfolios, industry loss warranties, and insurance-linked securities.
Touchstone Re, a successor to CATRADER, enables companies to model and price complex reinsurance structures, understand where their exposures are concentrated around the globe in a visually intuitive way, roll up their portfolios and view their overall risk aggregation, leverage AIR’s Industry Exposure Database to benchmark their portfolio risk relative to the industry, and estimate loss potential when detailed exposure data may not be available.
“With over 20 years of experience with CATRADER and its predecessor products, we’re excited to see the next generation features available now in Touchstone Re,” said Nick Datt, vp, enterprise risk management, Odyssey Reinsurance Company. “One feature that stood out to us is the ability to visualize complex reinsurance structures on-screen and easily modify them using the drag-and-drop tool. Our global teams are excited about this new functionality as well as the speed enhancements and look forward to incorporating Touchstone Re into a much more streamlined workflow for both treaty pricing and corporate rollup.”
Touchstone Re represents the next step in establishing an ecosystem across AIR products. Organisations that also license Touchstone will now be able to transfer loss results into Touchstone Re with just a few clicks, thus enabling users to access data quickly by line of business down to sub-area resolution, without having to export it manually from one application and import it into another.
“Having experienced Touchstone Re as an early adopter, I’m truly looking forward to the release of the application,” said Martin Hamrin, svp, group underwriting analytics, Sirius International. “As a client that licenses both Touchstone and now Touchstone Re, the ability to transfer data seamlessly between the platforms is a welcome addition and will save our catastrophe modelers significant time.”
“Touchstone Re not only incorporates the key functionality from CATRADER, it also includes a host of new features across core reinsurance pricing and portfolio management workflows while being a more scalable application with a fresh user interface and streamlined navigation,” said Sudhir Potharaju, svp, product, at AIR Worldwide. “Touchstone Re is not just a new user interface on an established application. By saving multiple loss perspectives simultaneously and running portfolio analyses up to 75% faster, Touchstone Re can save users significant time, leaving them free to interpret their results and make more informed risk management decisions.”
In addition to releasing Touchstone Re, AIR updated its flagship catastrophe risk modelling platform, Touchstone, to include enhancements that enable users to perform new analytics, customize the software, and improve and simplify users’ workflows. These enhancements include support for zone-based analytics for detailed loss modelling, improved management of Touchstone projects and data transfer between companies, an extensive refresh of the user interface, and the ability for clients to build and use custom models.
Verisk Analytics(109 articles)