- FCA publishes final report of its Wholesale Insurance Brokers market study-no evidence of significant levels of harm that merit the introduction of intrusive remedies but some areas of concern with scope for improvement
- EIOPA issues Recommendations for the insurance sector in light of the UK withdrawing from the European Union without a withdrawal agreement
- Insurance Europe responds strongly to recently-published US Treasury/Internal Revenue Service’s proposed Base Erosion and Anti-abuse Tax (BEAT) regulations
- SCOR "delivers robust growth and solid recurring profitability" in 2018 says CEO Kessler
- KPMG report indicates UK InsurTechs saw over $1bn of investment activity through 2018, up from $792m in 2017
- Allianz increases fund size of digital investment unit to E1bn
- DeadHappy, the UK’s first fully digital life insurance brand, launched expired
- The Floow involved in UK Government’s UPLIFT project to enhance technologies in improved risk understanding for motor insurance products making mobility smarter and safer for all expired
- Unions and insurers issue joint warning about burden of significant increase in EU regulation on insurance workers expired
- FCA announces Goldwag as new Chair of the independent Financial Services Consumer Panel expired
- Antares appoints Battle as CEO expired
- Arig has tough 2018-has taken certain measures to reorganize its Lloyd’s book of business expired
11th July 2018
SCOR consolidates specialty insurance platform in the London Market-appointments announced
SCOR Global P&C has announced the consolidation of its specialty insurance platform in the London Market. The platform will offer either company(SCOR) or Lloyd’s paper or a combination of both to its growing customer base.
Stuart McMurdo, who was appointed ceo of SCOR UK on 1st April, will be appointed ceo of The Channel Managing Agency, the Managing Agency of the Channel Syndicate, with effect from 1st September. He will succeed David Reed, who retires on 31st August. Reed will continue as a non-executive director of The Channel Managing Agency.
Tom Corfield, existing Active Underwriter of the Channel Syndicate, has been appointed to the additional role of cuo of SCOR UK.
Both McMurdo and Corfield have joined the Board of Directors of SCOR UK and their appointments have been approved by the regulators.
Laurent Rousseau, deputy-CEO of SCOR Global P&C, comments “The appointments of Stuart McMurdo and Tom Corfield in their dual roles at SCOR UK, The Channel Managing Agency and the Channel Syndicate represent a key step towards the consolidation and strengthening of SCOR Global P&C’s specialty commercial lines insurance platform in the London Market. A unified senior management team with oversight across a single, strong insurance platform in the London Market will significantly enhance our presence in the market and our ability to satisfy our clients’ needs through tailored solutions, while improving our ability to provide a global offering by federating the means and expertise of our teams throughout the world.”
SCOR Trends(284 articles)