- FCA publishes two consultation papers, setting out its proposals in the event the UK leaves the European Union on 29th March 2019 without an implementation period
- Standard & Poor's publishes Countdown to Brexit report
- COUNTRY Financial selects Guidewire ClaimCenter solution
- Verisk showcases piCalculator, its solution for calculating schedules of loss for personal injury claims
- ABI appoints two new Board members
- Ascot's CEO Brooks to Chair LMA
- Antares appoints Taylor as Head of Specialty expired
- Catalina Holdings closes $700m equity capital raise-Apollo Funds becomes majority shareholders expired
- Cincinnati Financial moves for Munich Re subsidiary MSP Underwriting expired
- IGI appoints Rix as Chief Actuary expired
- The Standard Club and The Strike Club plan to merge expired
- Newslink Global Insurance Trends-The Week expired
13th June 2018
LIIBA announces latest overseas member from Azerbaijan as interest in London Market widens
The London and International Insurance Brokers’ Association (LIIBA) has announced its latest overseas member based in Azerbaijan.
Zaman Insurance and Reinsurance Brokers LLC from Baku, Azerbaijan joins brokers from Belgium, Cyprus, Greece, Hong Kong and Spain as members of the London-based representative body. All are Lloyd’s brokers placing business into the London Market.
LIIBA’s chief executive Chris Croft comments “LIIBA’s international footprint is growing larger all the time– there are two Is in LIIBA for a reason. It reflects the global nature of the insurance traded in London that makes our market unique.
All these firms have to deal with the Financial Conduct Authority and are also impacted by European legislation. This means that LIIBA’s lobbying efforts and work on regulation are very relevant to them, even though they’re outside the UK. It’s also a testament to LIIBA’s reputation that these international brokers see the value in being part of our organisation; and testament to our international members’ commitment to London that they recognise this value.”
LIIBA Trends(19 articles)