- Newslink Global Insurance Trends-The Week
- Swiss Re new sigma study reviews engineering insurance sector trends
- IPCC achieved carbon neutrality at its last plenary session in Paris
- Tough trading times leads to the highest number of UK trade credit insurance claims since 2009
- AXA to partner with ING in six countries to offer P&C, health and protection insurance over a digital platform
- J.D.Power latest US Auto Insurance Study indicates increase in customer satisfaction and telematics
- Guidewire named the winner of two XCelent Awards in EMEA report expired
- iPipeline UK expands quoting capability via SolutionBuilder to include Buildings and Contents expired
- Equitable Life to transfer business to LCCG's Reliance Life expired
- AEGIS London appoints Abel and Farrell Non-Executive Directors expired
- Ironsure announces Head of M&A Insurance, Americas expired
- UK P & I Club launches ‘Investing in a Safer Tomorrow’ competition to coincide with its 150th anniversary expired
13th June 2018
LIIBA announces latest overseas member from Azerbaijan as interest in London Market widens
The London and International Insurance Brokers’ Association (LIIBA) has announced its latest overseas member based in Azerbaijan.
Zaman Insurance and Reinsurance Brokers LLC from Baku, Azerbaijan joins brokers from Belgium, Cyprus, Greece, Hong Kong and Spain as members of the London-based representative body. All are Lloyd’s brokers placing business into the London Market.
LIIBA’s chief executive Chris Croft comments “LIIBA’s international footprint is growing larger all the time– there are two Is in LIIBA for a reason. It reflects the global nature of the insurance traded in London that makes our market unique.
All these firms have to deal with the Financial Conduct Authority and are also impacted by European legislation. This means that LIIBA’s lobbying efforts and work on regulation are very relevant to them, even though they’re outside the UK. It’s also a testament to LIIBA’s reputation that these international brokers see the value in being part of our organisation; and testament to our international members’ commitment to London that they recognise this value.”
LIIBA Trends(19 articles)