- Newslink Global Insurance Trends-The Week
- Allianz Global Corporate & Specialty(AGCS) reviews drop in large shipping losses and changing scenario
- New research from Startupbootcamp and PwC explores how InsurTech has evolved over the last three years
- ACORD announces the winners of the European semi-finals of its InsurTech Innovation Challenge(AIIC)
- CMA publishes provisional decision on market investigation into advice given to pensions trustees by investment consultants
- FCA publishes Annual Report and Accounts
- Clark elected CII President expired
- Oasis Loss Modelling Framework announces all components of its catastrophe modelling software are now open source and downloadable from GitHub free of charge expired
- Co-operators partners with Slice Labs to launch new digital brand expired
- Allianz completes acquisition of 99.03% of shares in Nigerian insurer Ensure expired
- Beazley first half indicates good growth but profit dips through lower investment return and reserve strengthening expired
- Markel granted a license to establish an insurer in Germany expired
15th April 2018
Manulife releases 2017 Embedded Value Report and 4Q 2017 Statistical Information Package updated to reflect its new reporting segments
Manulife has released its 2017 Embedded Value Report and 4Q 2017 Statistical Information Package updated to reflect its new reporting segments effective 1st January.
Manulife’s 2017 Embedded Value Report details embedded value of $49.2bn as at 31st December, an increase of $2.8bn from 2016. The embedded value of $49.2bn, or $24.88 per share, reflects only a portion of the value of Manulife’s businesses, as it attributes no value to our new business franchise, and only tangible book value to our wealth and asset management businesses and Manulife Bank.
The updated 4Q 2017 supplemental disclosures reflect changes to Manulife’s primary reporting segments that became effective in 2018. As a result of the organisational changes made to increase focus and leverage scale in its global wealth and asset management businesses, the company’s wealth and asset management businesses are now a primary reporting segment, Global Wealth and Asset Management. The new reporting segments that will apply to our first quarter 2018 financial reporting are as follows:
-Global Wealth and Asset Management–providing fee-based wealth solutions with little or no guarantees to our retail, retirement and institutional customers around the world.
-Asia–providing insurance products and insurance-based wealth accumulation products in Asia.
-Canada–providing insurance products, insurance-based wealth accumulation products, and banking services in Canada.
-US–providing insurance products and administering in-force insurance-based wealth accumulation products in the US.
-Corporate and Other-comprised of investment performance on assets backing capital, net of amounts allocated to the operating segments; costs incurred by the corporate office related to shareholder activities(not allocated to the operating segments); financing costs; its Property and Casualty Reinsurance business; and run-off reinsurance business lines.
Manulife Trends(164 articles)