- Newslink Global Insurance Trends-The Week
- Allianz Global Corporate & Specialty(AGCS) reviews drop in large shipping losses and changing scenario
- New research from Startupbootcamp and PwC explores how InsurTech has evolved over the last three years
- ACORD announces the winners of the European semi-finals of its InsurTech Innovation Challenge(AIIC)
- CMA publishes provisional decision on market investigation into advice given to pensions trustees by investment consultants
- FCA publishes Annual Report and Accounts
- Clark elected CII President expired
- Oasis Loss Modelling Framework announces all components of its catastrophe modelling software are now open source and downloadable from GitHub free of charge expired
- Co-operators partners with Slice Labs to launch new digital brand expired
- Allianz completes acquisition of 99.03% of shares in Nigerian insurer Ensure expired
- Beazley first half indicates good growth but profit dips through lower investment return and reserve strengthening expired
- Markel granted a license to establish an insurer in Germany expired
15th April 2018
QBE makes senior management appointments
QBE Insurance Group has announced a reshaping of the senior
management team with the appointments of Inder Singh as Group cfo, replacing Michael Ford who is leaving QBE; Peter Grewal as Group chief Risk officer; Liam Buckley as Group head of Culture and Talent; Matt Mansour as Group chief Information officer and Anders Land as Group head of Internal Audit.
Pat Regan, Group ceo, comments “We have commenced an accelerated reshaping of the company’s strategic focus to create a stronger and simpler QBE. This includes a prioritisation of “Brilliant Basics”– improving underwriting quality, pricing and claims handling in every market in which we operate and every product we underwrite.
To deliver this plan we need a senior management team with deep insurance expertise and the capabilities required to build on QBE’s strengths and to deliver excellence across the Group consistently. I am confident that these appointments will assist significantly in delivering on our priorities in 2018 and beyond. The search for our new Group cuo, a new Group Executive role, is progressing well.
“I would like to congratulate Inder, Peter, Liam, Matt and Anders on their appointments and thank Michael for his time at QBE.”
QBE Trends(223 articles)