- World Economic Forum(WEF) Global Risks Report 2019 highlights worsening international relations hindering action across a growing array of serious challenges
- Comments on Brexit vote impasse
- Allianz Risk Barometer highlights cyber and concerns around Brexit as as top risks in UK
- Willis Re's Summary of Natural Catastrophe Events 2018 report estimates insured losses from major natural catastrophes at around $71.5bn
- BIBA highlights opportunities for business in 2019 Manifesto
- UK Comprehensive car insurance prices fell by 6% in 2018 says Confused.com/ Willis Towers Watson analysis
- Insurance Europe concerned that the European Commission’s proposal for an ePrivacy Regulation could hamper insurers’ ability to offer innovative insurance policies to consumers expired
- ArgoGlobal collaborating with broker Axieme and digital platform Jobby in Italy to respond to a need for on-demand, pay-as-you-go insurance for temporary and short-term workers expired
- LV= General Insurance successfully deploys Guidewire Core and Data solutions in the largest transformation the business has ever undertaken expired
- Marsh announces that it had placed more than 10,000 risks in 2018 through Placing Platform Limited(PPL)-over 15,000 in total expired
- ZhongAn and Grab to establish joint venture company to enter the digital insurance distribution business in Southeast Asia expired
- Greenlight Capital Re becomes largest shareholder in Chicogo-based MGU AccuRisk expired
15th April 2018
QBE makes senior management appointments
QBE Insurance Group has announced a reshaping of the senior
management team with the appointments of Inder Singh as Group cfo, replacing Michael Ford who is leaving QBE; Peter Grewal as Group chief Risk officer; Liam Buckley as Group head of Culture and Talent; Matt Mansour as Group chief Information officer and Anders Land as Group head of Internal Audit.
Pat Regan, Group ceo, comments “We have commenced an accelerated reshaping of the company’s strategic focus to create a stronger and simpler QBE. This includes a prioritisation of “Brilliant Basics”– improving underwriting quality, pricing and claims handling in every market in which we operate and every product we underwrite.
To deliver this plan we need a senior management team with deep insurance expertise and the capabilities required to build on QBE’s strengths and to deliver excellence across the Group consistently. I am confident that these appointments will assist significantly in delivering on our priorities in 2018 and beyond. The search for our new Group cuo, a new Group Executive role, is progressing well.
“I would like to congratulate Inder, Peter, Liam, Matt and Anders on their appointments and thank Michael for his time at QBE.”
QBE Trends(223 articles)