- FCA publishes two consultation papers, setting out its proposals in the event the UK leaves the European Union on 29th March 2019 without an implementation period
- Standard & Poor's publishes Countdown to Brexit report
- COUNTRY Financial selects Guidewire ClaimCenter solution
- Verisk showcases piCalculator, its solution for calculating schedules of loss for personal injury claims
- ABI appoints two new Board members
- Ascot's CEO Brooks to Chair LMA
- Antares appoints Taylor as Head of Specialty expired
- Catalina Holdings closes $700m equity capital raise-Apollo Funds becomes majority shareholders expired
- Cincinnati Financial moves for Munich Re subsidiary MSP Underwriting expired
- IGI appoints Rix as Chief Actuary expired
- The Standard Club and The Strike Club plan to merge expired
- Newslink Global Insurance Trends-The Week expired
15th April 2018
QBE makes senior management appointments
QBE Insurance Group has announced a reshaping of the senior
management team with the appointments of Inder Singh as Group cfo, replacing Michael Ford who is leaving QBE; Peter Grewal as Group chief Risk officer; Liam Buckley as Group head of Culture and Talent; Matt Mansour as Group chief Information officer and Anders Land as Group head of Internal Audit.
Pat Regan, Group ceo, comments “We have commenced an accelerated reshaping of the company’s strategic focus to create a stronger and simpler QBE. This includes a prioritisation of “Brilliant Basics”– improving underwriting quality, pricing and claims handling in every market in which we operate and every product we underwrite.
To deliver this plan we need a senior management team with deep insurance expertise and the capabilities required to build on QBE’s strengths and to deliver excellence across the Group consistently. I am confident that these appointments will assist significantly in delivering on our priorities in 2018 and beyond. The search for our new Group cuo, a new Group Executive role, is progressing well.
“I would like to congratulate Inder, Peter, Liam, Matt and Anders on their appointments and thank Michael for his time at QBE.”
QBE Trends(223 articles)