- Fitch updates Global Reinsurance 2018 Outlook to incorporate recent significant catastrophe losses
- AIR Worldwide releases “2017 Global Modeled Catastrophe Losses” report
- Standard & Poor's looks at main concerns for European insurers
- Swiss Re new sigma report says many life insurers are focused on enhancing the value of existing business
- EIOPA publishes an Opinion on monetary incentives and remuneration between providers of asset management services and insurers
- Equifax Touchstone reports total UK sales of protection products increased by 1.4% in Q3 2017 to £149.1m-a new five year high
- Allianz now a telematics service provider for Marmalade young driver offering expired
- Clyde & Co launches in-house data analytics lab that builds on relationship with University College London(UCL) expired
- First ILSBlockchain completed expired
- Lloyd's selects REG to assist in recording data and to help reduce the administrative burden on UK coverholders expired
- NIIT announces release of version 4.0 of its exposure management tool Exact expired
- Tropics Breeze workers' comp solution new features announced expired
11th October 2017
NIIT Technologies announces that Pen Underwriting has successfully deployed its insurance exposure management software, Exact
NIIT Technologies has announced that Pen Underwriting has successfully deployed its insurance exposure management software, Exact.
Pen Underwriting is one of the UK’s largest MGAs(managing general agent) writing more than £500 million in premium. It has implemented Exact, part of NIIT Technologies’ insurance product portfolio, to monitor and manage its risk exposure and accumulation across territories.
Matthew Unsworth, coo of Pen Underwriting, comments “As a multi-class, multi-territory MGA, we operate a virtual insurer model, providing a range of value-added services across analytics and pricing, which complement and support our product set and distribution. We needed a system that would work across a wide range of Pen’s book of business and NIIT Technologies was a great fit.
Working with NIIT Technologies allows us to implement a solution that meets those requirements, not only managing risk exposures but producing data and analysis that will help inform portfolio management decisions and pricing. Investing in such capabilities is another example of Pen’s virtual insurer capabilities, where we fulfil all the typical functions of an insurance company and offer much more than the traditional distribution-focused MGA.”
“We are delighted that one of the largest international companies in the sector has chosen us as their partner,” said Adrian Morgan, evp and head of NIIT Technologies (NITL). “They were looking for a solution that could quantify Pen’s total non-modelled CAT risk exposure and simulate scenarios across a range of propositions, and that is one of Exact’s strengths. MGAs are a new and growing market segment for us and we are delighted to have won this business.”
Phase one of the project is now completed and covers North American Property business, and the next phase of implementation will be focused on Pen’s UK portfolio.
NIIT Trends(9 articles)
Pen Underwriting Trends(4 articles)