- Newslink Global Insurance Trends-The Week
- The insurance industry is joining forces with technology companies and governments in a World Economic Forum-led initiative to avoid catastrophic levels of uninsured risk in the innovation economy
- Zurich publishes a new report-‘Embracing the income protection gaps challenge: options and solutions’
- ICMIF report indicates UK mutuals outperformed rest of the market in 2016-premiums up nearly 10%
- Standard & Poor's revises outlook on Lloyd's to negative from stable
- IBM building an industry-first insurance platform on the IBM Cloud that aims to improve the processes and economics for new product development, underwriting, and benefits delivery-collaborating with MetLife and Majesco
- 4th Annual international Conference on AI and Analytics for the Insurance Industry attracts over 200 international experts expired
- FICO announces that the latest version of its FICO Enterprise Security Score is twice as accurate at predicting a data breach as the previous model expired
- Octo Telematics to acquire the usage-based insurance(UBI) assets of Willis Towers Watson expired
- CII names Trott as new chair of the Claims Faculty Board expired
- LMA responds to Justice Committee on Ogden Discount Rate proposed change expired
- Aviva to sell its Taiwan JV stake to partner following a strategic review expired
11th October 2017
NIIT Technologies announces that Pen Underwriting has successfully deployed its insurance exposure management software, Exact
NIIT Technologies has announced that Pen Underwriting has successfully deployed its insurance exposure management software, Exact.
Pen Underwriting is one of the UK’s largest MGAs(managing general agent) writing more than £500 million in premium. It has implemented Exact, part of NIIT Technologies’ insurance product portfolio, to monitor and manage its risk exposure and accumulation across territories.
Matthew Unsworth, coo of Pen Underwriting, comments “As a multi-class, multi-territory MGA, we operate a virtual insurer model, providing a range of value-added services across analytics and pricing, which complement and support our product set and distribution. We needed a system that would work across a wide range of Pen’s book of business and NIIT Technologies was a great fit.
Working with NIIT Technologies allows us to implement a solution that meets those requirements, not only managing risk exposures but producing data and analysis that will help inform portfolio management decisions and pricing. Investing in such capabilities is another example of Pen’s virtual insurer capabilities, where we fulfil all the typical functions of an insurance company and offer much more than the traditional distribution-focused MGA.”
“We are delighted that one of the largest international companies in the sector has chosen us as their partner,” said Adrian Morgan, evp and head of NIIT Technologies (NITL). “They were looking for a solution that could quantify Pen’s total non-modelled CAT risk exposure and simulate scenarios across a range of propositions, and that is one of Exact’s strengths. MGAs are a new and growing market segment for us and we are delighted to have won this business.”
Phase one of the project is now completed and covers North American Property business, and the next phase of implementation will be focused on Pen’s UK portfolio.
NIIT Trends(9 articles)
Pen Underwriting Trends(4 articles)